Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mirror Damage!

Options
  • 23-05-2007 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭

So.. I get up this morning, shower, get dressed, put the bins out then get in the car to go to work....

.. When I see some f&cker has obviously hit my passenger side mirror during the night!! (and the car in front belonging to one of the other lads) :mad: :mad:
    Pictures attached. Anyone have any idea if it's fixable, or if not how much for a replacement (02 Passat)

Secondly then, any recommendations on where to go in the D15 area that won't gouge me for the privilege

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

looks like it's just the glass that's damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

worth tryin to pop it back in or will I just leave it to the professionals?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    worth tryin to pop it back in or will I just leave it to the professionals?
    if the hooks aren't damaged, just pop it back in yourself. Similar thing happened to my car a while back, but two of the plastic hooks were broken, so i couldn't just pop it back in. i bought a replacement mirror (just the glass and the plastic holder with the clips) for about €20 from a Mazda dealer and popped it back in myself, took a bit of effort to jam it in.

Right.. managed to pop the mirror back in and the electrics seem ok. Casing around it seems to be a bit loose though. Cleaned around where it was marked on the mirror and the door and seems to be mostly dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If the glass is firmly attached after you popped it back then it should be OK. You say the casing is loose, these usually clip back in but it can be tricky to get them to seat properly. It could also be possible that some of the clips are damaged. If they are just put a couple of dabs of superglue on to hold it in position otherwise it could rattle and annoy the bejaysus out of you. Only dab the glue in spots in case you need to remove the casing in the future. You may need to dab the superglue every once in a while as super glue generally isn't waterproof.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the advice guys - seems ok now.

The next door neighbour dropped in last night though to tell me that it wasn't accidental at all though. There were 5 or 6 little scumbags around at half 1 in the morning and they damaged about 5 cars on the road (someone even had his window smashed) so I suppose I got off lucky! :rolleyes:

Bloody scumbags! The neighbour even called the cops but they didn't even bother showing up! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Ba*****S. I'm in the same area, be keeping me eye out no cars get damaged in my house. Nice of the neighbour to inform you all the same.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

Kaiser whereabouts do you live? The same thing happened to me only the f@ckers managed to break the whole unit.

UsedtobePC wrote:
    Kaiser whereabouts do you live? The same thing happened to me only the f@ckers managed to break the whole unit.
    I'm in Blanch. About 5 mins from Roselawn SC between it and Coolmine.

HungryJoey wrote:
    Ba*****S. I'm in the same area, be keeping me eye out no cars get damaged in my house. Nice of the neighbour to inform you all the same.

Hj
    Yea. I'm lucky that way that the neighbours on either side are very decent and would keep an eye out like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I'm in Blanch. About 5 mins from Roselawn SC between it and Coolmine.

I got mine done at Castlefield

Advertisement