Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Box Problem

Options
  • 23-05-2007 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Need some urgent help please. My boiler has gone on the blick. a red light flashes and F5 is coming up on the display?? has this happened to anyone else? ive only been living in the park for about 8 monthes now. Should i get in contact with the buileders? will they fix it?

Also is there any other way to heat the water? i need a shower!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Decks wrote:
    Need some urgent help please. My boiler has gone on the blick. a red light flashes and F5 is coming up on the display?? has this happened to anyone else? ive only been living in the park for about 8 monthes now. Should i get in contact with the buileders? will they fix it?

Also is there any other way to heat the water? i need a shower!!

What type of boiler do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

the glow worm gas boiler one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Check the pressue on the pressure gauge...make sure it's between 1 & 2 bars

Other way to heat water is to use the immerion which would be located in the hot press.... It should have a switch with a ligth on it to say when it's on. MAKE SURE YOU TURN IT OFF WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED! (Don't confuse the immersion switch with the power switch for the summer valve which should already be on....don't turn this one off)

Edit....

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/manuals/pdf/hxi_manual.pdf have a look at page 38 of this (probably not the same boiler but most probably the type of fault)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

as far as i know F% means that your boiler has overheated. we got a plumber in from durkans to fix it the first time and then show us how to rectify it if it happened again. you need to take the casing off the front of the boiler and locate a switch to reset the boiler. have a look in your manual - it shows you where the button is. pretty straightforward. you'll need a special screwdriver to get the casing off - a 5 point philips i think.

Advertisement