Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a loan?

Options
  • 23-05-2007 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Hey i'm thinkin about getting a loan of €4000. I will be able to pay it back fully in under 3months. Heres the catch I only hav one bank account in England with €1000 in it. As I am about to sit the leaving cert I do not have a job as well. I have a car worth €8500. My ma is willing to be a guarantor (sry about the spelling). Is there any bank out there that would think about giving me that loan??

p.s. yes this is a serious question:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

not sure,
    why dont you ask your ma to take out the loan and then you pay it back?

most banks want 6 months salary to have been paid into your account

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you mother has a particularily good relationship with her bank branch, and you are also a customer there...maybe.

If not, I doubt it. As the last poster said, perhaps she would be willing to take it out in her name and pay it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

yeah i might ask her later. she has just moved to rabo direct (around january). she has a full time job with a healthy income. how lonf would it take to get the cash from a loan? if i took out a 12month deal could i pay it off in 3months with the interest for only 3months??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you take out a loan and intend to pay it back early, it's best to look for a variable rate loan. These can normally be paid back early without penalty. Fixed rate loans tend to penalise those who break the term.

As for how long - well it depends on the bank in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

thanx for the info. is it unheard of to get a loan completed in 24-48hours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

no, in a branch if your pre approved you can get the money straight away.
    if you apply online / over the phone allow about 2 weeks for forms to be posted , signed and returtned

Advertisement