Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia e61/e61i owners....

• 23-05-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭

interested in the e61i as my main phone, just wondering how pocketable are these phones? will one fit in an inside suit pocket or in jeans? is it cumbersome or pretty portable?

i imagine web browsing is pretty good on these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

I have both and find them no problem to carry in jeans pockets, shirt pockets etc and web browsing is excellent. I use mine on my home wireless network a lot when not at the pc and its very handy. Dunno what to say regarding E61 vs E61i. I have been using an i now for about a week and other than the camera, theres not a whole lot of benefit. I was never a big camera fan anyway, but having said that, I have already found myself using the camera in the last week in situations where I would have liked to have one before but didnt deem it so important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I have the E61 which is close in size to the 61i. Fits in a jacket pocket with ease - I also keep it in my jeans pocket and its fine. Its a large phone but a great phone.

Browsing is great. I use the wifi a lot as Voda still don't have a reasonable data add on. Also has podcasting app which is great, google search,weather and lots of other stuff. By far the best phone I've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ill get the e61i if im getting one, might aswell i spose, but if its handy enough to carry about im happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

elderlemon wrote:
    I have the E61 which is close in size to the 61i. Fits in a jacket pocket with ease - I also keep it in my jeans pocket and its fine. Its a large phone but a great phone.

Browsing is great. I use the wifi a lot as Voda still don't have a reasonable data add on. Also has podcasting app which is great, google search,weather and lots of other stuff. By far the best phone I've ever had.

anyone stream radio on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

AS everyone has said E61 is eminently pocketable. Had to chime in. Its not a big phone! Bigger than the "super waif fashion phones" certainly, but still slim as hell even though its wide, perfect for a shirt, suit, pants, jean pocket.

• Advertisement

Yes and the E61i is even slimmer again!! DESPITE the fact that they have squeezed a 2MP camera in there also!!

Cyrus wrote:
    anyone stream radio on it?
    Just installed spodtronic on my E61i to test it for you :D
    Streams excellent using WLAN connection. Will try now with O2 sim and see how it goes
    <EDIT>Seems to work very well also. Would need a data plan or it would clock up charges fairly quick</EDIT>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Be like me! Buy a pair of combats! E61 in one pocket, PSP in the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I have the E61 as my main phone, and it's very pocketable. No problem at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

culabula wrote:
    Be like me! Buy a pair of combats! E61 in one pocket, PSP in the other.

Thats a good idea, Now the E61i will cost more as you will have to add the expense if the combats :)

• Advertisement

Whats the difference between the the e61 and the e61i
    Im thinking of getting one and where the cheapest place to get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The E61i has a camera. It's also (very) slightly thinner and has an updated keyboard.

The E61i has a camera. It's also (very) slightly thinner and has an updated keyboard.
    Thanks as im looking around for prices so hopefully will find a cheap one somewhere:D

Addition of a new "My Own" key which you can assign to any apps etc and have instant access to. Addition of Contacts button also

Keyboard layout is different and there is a better feel to it, not as soft and spongey as the E61.

Camera 2 megapixel added, which is OK, not great quality.....
    slightly thinner, new battery design to fit in slimmer body......
    better active standby screen with new wifi wizard and you can enable/disable active standby items unlike before
    ....hmmm...thats about it.....
    oh yeah, the back door fits better than the previous one as it has to slide into tight grooves now and the (dreaded) voice record button on the side which gave problems originally due to its positioning, is now slightly recessed further, so you dont keep hitting off it and making accidental recordings any longer

whisht wrote:
    Addition of a new "My Own" key which you can assign to any apps etc and have instant access to. Addition of Contacts button also

Keyboard layout is different and there is a better feel to it, not as soft and spongey as the E61.

Camera 2 megapixel added, which is OK, not great quality.....
    slightly thinner, new battery design to fit in slimmer body......
    better active standby screen with new wifi wizard and you can enable/disable active standby items unlike before
    ....hmmm...thats about it.....
    oh yeah, the back door fits better than the previous one as it has to slide into tight grooves now and the (dreaded) voice record button on the side which gave problems originally due to its positioning, is now slightly recessed further, so you dont keep hitting off it and making accidental recordings any longer

Thanks for your review :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

still can't record more than a minute on the E61i? and it still sends that annoying beep to the person you are calling when it records?

Dankoozy wrote:
    still can't record more than a minute on the E61i? and it still sends that annoying beep to the person you are calling when it records?

What card do you have in the phone.Also have you changed the settings to maximum recording?

drdre wrote:
    What card do you have in the phone.Also have you changed the settings to maximum recording?

Just tried on mine. Regardless of phone memory or card memory there is a limit of 1 minute :(

whisht wrote:
    Just tried on mine. Regardless of phone memory or card memory there is a limit of 1 minute :(

That sounds odd :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

Dankoozy wrote:
    it still sends that annoying beep to the person you are calling when it records?

i might be going crazy here , but i *think* its has to do that for legal reasons so the other person knows you are recording them.

• Advertisement

Thats correct. Any device that can record calls is "supposed to" provide a warning beep in the conversation

foobar wrote:
    i might be going crazy here , but i *think* its has to do that for legal reasons so the other person knows you are recording them.

Yeah you are right.it happens on some other phones

Advertisement