Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Shepherds

• 23-05-2007 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all,

I noticed many of you here have german shepherds. I have a 12 month old male gsd called Jake. He is a pleasure to own, so intelligent and a treat to train. I'd love to see photos and even better videos of all of your german shepherds and also stories about them! The more the better.

Here's my boy to get the ball rolling..

8 weeks

HPIM2062.jpg

HPIM2065.jpg

We have ears 10 weeks

efad997c.jpg

12 weeks

59f34d9f.jpg

3.5 months

830124d1.jpg

4.5 months

P1000024.jpg

5 months

P1000176.jpg

5.5 months

P1000300.jpg

6 months

P1000239.jpg

7 months with a friend

P1000896.jpg

with my budgie

P1010452.jpg

havin a read

P1010536edit.jpg

8 months

P1010591.jpg

at the park 8 months

P1020552.jpg

9 months

P1030634.jpg

and his playlist on youtube

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

That's such a great looking dog - makes me want one. Lovely pictures too. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I want one.Beautiful dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭✭fits

That is a lovely dog. Great photos too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

That is a really beautiful dog, his pup photos are adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Does he have bad eyesight? :)

Lovely dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

Thanks everyone!
    Glowing wrote:
    Does he have bad eyesight? :)

Lovely dog.

He has excellent eyesight, he just wanted to look the sophisticated in that photo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Can someone tell me how to post the pics into my reply?

Sure...

If you have them uploaded to a hosting site like photobucket login and click the [IMG][/IMG] code part and copy, paste here..

If they are on your computer but not uploaded to a hosting site go to underneath the box you're typing your reply into - to manage attachments. Click browse select the file from your computer and hit upload et voila!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

If you go to manage attachements at the bottom when posting up can up load three pics saved in ur computer.

Or post a url link from photobucket or image shack or soewhere like that.

Hope it helps.

BTW lovely doggie

Early Days:
    Kieser_Bath.jpg
    kiesertreestump1.jpg
    MVC-011F.jpg

At the Dog Wash:
    Image026.jpg

You lookin at me?
    Kieser_Lookup.jpg

What a view!
    Kieserbench.jpg

Let it snow!
    Image012.jpg

Bright Eyes
    DSCF0118.jpg
    DSCF0112.jpg

Best of the rest:
    DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0123.jpg
    DSCF0097.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

GSDs are the best, beautiful dogs there

Mags was 10 months, skin and bones from the kennels when i got her from the spca (i work for them part time so i got first dibs :) )
    she was owned by an old man who looked after her well and trained her well but he was moving house and couldn't keep her, so she went to be rehomed. kennels didn't suit her at all though, she was much too thin and a bit scared and nervous around other dogs.
    she's 20 or so months now, has put on 15lbs, sometimes bad tempered around other dogs, but i'm working on cureing that but otherwise she's a real pet, great to spend time with, very smart and trainable, very protective of me, and loves to go for long walks on the beach
    i love her so much.

IMG_1262.jpg
    398690875_68f4db2ce6.jpg
    427098228_1c86b14ff4.jpg
    mags on howth head
    427098259_0d88f04dd9.jpg
    mags with my dad on howth head

wow all the dogs are fab!!

when Jake comes to ireland, we shall have to introduce him to Mags.
    Mags just told me she wants a handsome shepherd boyfriend like Jake :):D

he he love in the air!!!

Anyone else notice that gillies doggie's private thingy is showing in two pics may be his looking for a girlfriend!!! Or he may just like the camera!!! seriously though there smashing dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Gillie wrote:
    Early Days:

Kieserbench.jpg
    [/IMG]
    i guess he really liked the view!!! lol
    lovely dog

he he love in the air!!!

Anyone else notice that gillies doggie's private thingy is showing in two pics may be his looking for a girlfriend!!! Or he may just like the camera!!! seriously though there smashing dogs.

if i was a shepherd near a dog like mags, i'd probably have it out too ;)

i guess he really liked the view!!! lol
    lovely dog

Mortified!:o

Gillie and deaddonkey your dogs are both gorgeous! Beautiful photos!

We must have a german shepherd group get together when Jake is here :) Jake has played with lots of dogs but he especially loves playing with his own breed! Anyone else find that? He really loves his sister.

Gillie Jake's pops out too at the strangest times don't worry I've got lots of photos of it showing too :D

Deaddonkey - Jake does need a gf :o He's going through the adolescent phase right now - our poor cushions.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Lol!!! I'm getting my girl - Esri - on saturday!!! I'm so dying to get her can't wait! Love gsd's - our first one loved water too - mind you your feet were very interesting in water! she was like jaws! We'd bring her down to the river down the road and she'd splash us despite us being 5 feet+ from her on the bank. as for us in the water she thought our feet was food or toys!
    I'll get pics of my Esri (suppose better say our - fiance will get stroppy!) on photobucket asap and show you. The GSD meet up would be cool! Beautiful dogs michelleans, gillie and deaddonkey. Nice to see so many like minded people here :D
    (oh and for deep space nine fans ya thats Esri dax! lol ask fiance i don't have a clue!:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

They're all so beautiful & cute and bring back childhood memories of one of our GSDs, her name was Lady and short for a big long highfulunten name on her Cert, she was a pedigree and we bred many beautiful pups from her. She was so loveable, gentle and a great family pet, we had her for years until the next door neighbour (FB) poisoned her. It broke our hearts and we never got another GSD after. Seeing these photos just wants me to have another one but unfortunatley I don't have the garden space.

• Advertisement

Nordie wrote:
    They're all so beautiful & cute and bring back childhood memories of one of our GSDs, her name was Lady and short for a big long highfulunten name on her Cert, she was a pedigree and we bred many beautiful pups from her. She was so loveable, gentle and a great family pet, we had her for years until the next door neighbour (FB) poisoned her. It broke our hearts and we never got another GSD after. Seeing these photos just wants me to have another one but unfortunatley I don't have the garden space.

i don't have garden space
    but i arrange my work hours and my social life to fit in with getting enough exercise for the dog, hitting tennis balls for her to wear her out quickly
    she gets about 2 hours a day and she loves it.
    i say do it, the world needs more shepherds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

deaddonkey wrote:
    i don't have garden space
    but i arrange my work hours and my social life to fit in with getting enough exercise for the dog, hitting tennis balls for her to wear her out quickly
    she gets about 2 hours a day and she loves it.
    i say do it, the world needs more shepherds

I did give the thought alot of consideration but I am not around much and wouldn't be able to exercise a GS on a regular basis plus it would also be alone quite a bit. That would not be fair. When circumstances change then I would definately get one.

corkimp wrote:
    Lol!!! I'm getting my girl - Esri - on saturday!!! I'm so dying to get her can't wait! Love gsd's - our first one loved water too - mind you your feet were very interesting in water! she was like jaws! We'd bring her down to the river down the road and she'd splash us despite us being 5 feet+ from her on the bank. as for us in the water she thought our feet was food or toys!
    I'll get pics of my Esri (suppose better say our - fiance will get stroppy!) on photobucket asap and show you. The GSD meet up would be cool! Beautiful dogs michelleans, gillie and deaddonkey. Nice to see so many like minded people here :D
    (oh and for deep space nine fans ya thats Esri dax! lol ask fiance i don't have a clue!:rolleyes: :confused: :eek: )

Congradulations on your new puppy! Can't wait to see photo's of her :)
    I also have no idea about the deep space nine :)

I have a garden at present but my boy only goes into it when one of us is out there. I always have him in his room in the house when we leave and go out. (yes he has his own room :D ) We also exercise him alot. Hitting balls real far is great it tires him out alot and he loves chasing em. We also have playdates with other dogs and they just run and run and run and have a great time.

When we didnt have a garden to be honest my boy was perfectly happy to be living in the apartment with us. They love to be around people and when faced with a huge garden and no body in it or lying at my feet in the room he always chooses to be near me. Love the breed so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

I also have a GSD.......although I have no pictures of him on my computer. I always keep meaning to upload some pics of him. His name is Kesh, and I have to admit he is a bit crazy (he fits in well with the family!).......and he gets terribly jealous of anyone who gets attention. He is a gorgeous dog, and very gentle really, just not to the plants in the garden!

I loved the pictures of the GSDs they are so gorgeous. Corkimp sis.......can't wait to see Esri either. Ooo the excitement for tomorrow morning!! (By the way, Corkimp is actually my sister! Small world eh?)

Our GS when we were small was the most loving and intelligent dog we ever had. Absolutely fab.........it broke our hearts when she had to be put down due to her hips going. As a family we are suckered in by GSDs, even my brother in Wales has a Belgian Shepherd puppy, and of course she is adorable too. Anyway I'll stop now or I'll ramble on for hours!

kashi

here's my not-so-little girl!! Brought her down yesteray. She's just over 13 weeks old.She got really sick in the car and was scared witless. Last night she perked up and is being a Diva - refuses to go outside without us - think she doesn't trust me!! Lol. She is now out the back running after a ball on a rope with my fiance Dave. May I introduce you to Esri :D
    Oh no! a camera! Hide!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/corkimp/IMG_0618.jpg
    did I hear someone mention food!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/corkimp/IMG_0616.jpg
    mmmm food!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/corkimp/IMG_0615.jpg

corkimp wrote:
    here's my not-so-little girl!! Brought her down yesteray. She's just over 13 weeks old.She got really sick in the car and was scared witless. Last night she perked up and is being a Diva - refuses to go outside without us - think she doesn't trust me!! Lol. She is now out the back running after a ball on a rope with my fiance Dave. May I introduce you to Esri :D
    Oh no! a camera! Hide!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/corkimp/IMG_0618.jpg
    did I hear someone mention food!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/corkimp/IMG_0616.jpg
    mmmm food!
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/corkimp/IMG_0615.jpg

she's a stunner
    so damn cute, i squealed like a little girl when i saw the pics

good luck with her

i met a 4 month old very nervous shepherd pup tonight while out walking my dawg
    the guy got her from a dodgy breeder, she's v. nervous, i think she's been abused quite badly
    she let me say hello to her after a while, i hope she'll be ok
    nice little dog

i'm still squealing
    i want to give her a huge big cuddle
    she's so sweet
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

deaddonkey wrote:
    she's a stunner
    so damn cute, i squealed like a little girl when i saw the pics

good luck with her

i met a 4 month old very nervous shepherd pup tonight while out walking my dawg
    the guy got her from a dodgy breeder, she's v. nervous, i think she's been abused quite badly
    she let me say hello to her after a while, i hope she'll be ok
    nice little dog
    Lol! She is cute in more ways then 1! she knows which of us is the bigger slob - Dave! I'm the bad cop - telling her to go to bed at 1am! she is nervous a bit of people - more because she was grabbed at night by the breeder to put her and her littermates to bed. She's crafty though - figuring out that chewing things like our shoes is great! Oh and she tries nibbling on the skirting boards and scratching at the door.
    She is smart as hell - sits, fetches and is beginning to give the paw. Bit of a diva though - not wanting to go outside much but is being led out (unwilling little madam!) so she can go to the loo and play. She'll be an outside dog once I get her kennel.will post new pics in a week or so if you want to see.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Heres a picture of my boy, tyson

Advertisement