Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.40 Cal Ammo

Options
  • 23-05-2007 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Gentlemen,

I have just taken delivery of my newest gun (Para Ordnance .40 Cal, I will post a photo later).

I am finding it difficult to find this ammo in the Dublin area.

Can anyone tell me of a reliable supplier around the Capital or surrounds?

Thanks all,

C.D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

PC Quad near Newtownmountkennedy usually carry it, if that's not too far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I've been shooting 40 cal for while now. I find that the best value for money is to buy it in Northern Ireland. Costs about 280 euro per 1000 for CCI Blaser or Magtech FMJ. I prefer magtech but they are a little dirtier in the gun!! That's about 14 euro a box. You'll find a lot of dealers in the south selling it for 18-19 euro a box. If you shoot a lot it will be more expensive. I get mine from Tannyoky in the North. You need the appropriate documentation first though i.e. euro pass & visitors permit for N.I.
    Any dealers from my part of the country (Wexford/Waterford) don't hold it in stock. They use your licence to import it for you. That's ok if you've got 1000 rounds on your licence. If you've only got 100 then I believe for some reason DOJ will only issue the dealer an import permit for 2.5 times what's on your licence It's a long time since I did this so maybe it's changed now.

Pat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

Same as above (N.I). I get 1000 CCI for £160/€240 slightly dearer for smaller amounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Thanks very much lads,

Looks like N.I. is the way to go,

Hope to see some of you at Buskhill on Saturday ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I'm in squad 5. It will be nice doing a comp with all long stages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Great to hear you finally got the Para, hopefully it will do the business for you on Saturday.

Advertisement