Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polish Driving License

Options
  • 23-05-2007 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine wants to get a truck driving license but he already holds a full Polish, car driving license. Does this mean he does not have to go through the theory test and whatnot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He'll be able to exchange his Polish car licence for a full Irish car licence without any hassle. He'll have to do the truck theory test to get a category C(truck) provisional licence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'm trying to book the test for said friend but it is asking me for an 'MTO' and offers no explanation as to what that is.

Good question. How nice of them to specify on the site.

My best guess would be the name of your motor tax office, but why they should need this for a theory test booking, I don't know. I guess the only way to find out is to ring them.

Yeah, I think that's the most logical thing since it has 'Motor Taxation Office' written here and there on the site but when I tried to enter the address of said office, the space couldn't fit it. Maybe there is a number that I'm supposd to enter instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

He may have to do a theory test anyway. He might not have done one.

He will need a medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The MTO number is the serial number on your driving licence ;)

Thank you murphaph. Now....I hope I can find this on a Polish license...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Thank you murphaph. Now....I hope I can find this on a Polish license...

He will need to exchange his Polish licence for an Irish one first. A full Irish B is required before a provisional C can be applied for.

On the theory test website it says it's okay to apply for the theory test with an EU licence.

Advertisement