Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Courtesy Car No Petrol!

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think its with Ace rent a car or something that do this -

Car has a full tank for petrol when you collect it. Say the car holds, 50.00euro worth of petrol they take a deposite of about 80.00euro making it like 1.60 per litre :eek: Making it MUCH cheaper to fill up before you get back :rolleyes:

STUPID way of doing things!

Nearly all car rental companies do this - It is always cheaper to fill it before you drop it back.
    Some charge and extra re-fuelling fee on top of the (overpriced) cost of the fuel :eek:

But back to the point - it was bad business and manners to have so little fuel in the courteously car, but the OP should have filled it up before going too far (I thought most cars now have a Km left function?)

And I always drop a car back with relatively the same fuel as when I picked it up

Mik

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think its with Ace rent a car or something that do this -

Car has a full tank for petrol when you collect it. Say the car holds, 50.00euro worth of petrol they take a deposite of about 80.00euro making it like 1.60 per litre :eek: Making it MUCH cheaper to fill up before you get back :rolleyes:

STUPID way of doing things!
    mik_da_man wrote:
    Nearly all car rental companies do this - It is always cheaper to fill it before you drop it back.
    Some charge and extra re-fuelling fee on top of the (overpriced) cost of the fuel :eek:
    I presume it is to cover staff costs, etc..
    So who here works for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

crosstownk wrote:
    I used to hand them out with anything from a quarter to half a tank but they always came back empty which ended up costing quite a few quid.
    Which the customer is paying indirectly for anyway, by means of expensive hourly labour rates.

Advertisement