Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonesboro market

• 23-05-2007 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

is this still open, its a sunday market right??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i think theres a small part of it still open, the part that is inside the walls, i dont think theres any stands along the road anymore, i'm not sure though its been a good while since i was up there and with the building of the new road it might be all closed down.

if your looking for a sunday market i find the one in fairyhouse is worth visiting every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Deano045

thats great thanks,
    yeah going to venture to fairyhouse on sunday, is it a big one??
    went yo mad cow market sunday just gone, what a let down

Deano045 wrote:
    thats great thanks,
    yeah going to venture to fairyhouse on sunday, is it a big one??
    went yo mad cow market sunday just gone, what a let down

it depends sometimes it can be big sometimes it can be a let down, depends on how many traders show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

draffodx wrote:
    depends on how many traders show up

Which depends on how often the PSNI show up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Deano045 wrote:
    is this still open, its a sunday market right??
    Read the Charter Deano045 - "This forum is for Cavan, Louth, Monaghan and Meath only". Now, where is Jonesboro?

• Advertisement

Read the Charter Deano045 - "This forum is for Cavan, Louth, Monaghan and Meath only". Now, where is Jonesboro?

Joneboro still affects pretty much everyone in the northeast, its 20 seconds drive across the border line and i've never been talking to anyone from louth or meath that hasnt been :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

draffodx wrote:
    i've never been talking to anyone from louth or meath that hasnt been :D
    <Raises hand>

europerson wrote:
    <Raises hand>

you must be rich and not need to buy knock off stuff ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

aye jonesboro is an important part of Louth Culture.. haven't been in a while what with uni and all but still ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Perhaps, Mr Wishbone, you oughta stick to 'modding' your own forum. Thanks for your input though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

anyone that sells zippo lighter fluid there i wonder (fluid not gas)

Spyral wrote:
    anyone that sells zippo lighter fluid there i wonder (fluid not gas)

yes there used to be a stall that sold lighter fluid up there, my cousin bought it of him, wasn't zippo brand fluid though if thats what your after?

couldnt be sure if its still there its been 2 years since i was up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Perhaps, Mr Wishbone, you oughta stick to 'modding' your own forum. Thanks for your input though.

Agreed. Leave the moderating of North East to the North East mods. K, thx, bye...

Jonesboro is quite close to Dundalk. The original question was whether the market is still running there and regulars of this forum could be expected to know the answer. ... Duh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dundalkpaddy

Jonesboro market is open every Sunday..alive and well. I go regularly with the wife and kids. Only recently I bought a whole new tool kit and compressor and power washer..all for less than i would have paid for the compressor in the south. The kids love the t shirts and fashion although i have to buy something with a playboy bunny on it if my teenage daughter is ever going to speak to me again ;) The market is totally different than it used to be..time was all was in it was fake goods, cigs, drink and cd's...but all of that is a thing of the past...and the shopkeepers and stall holders have good quality at a really reasonable price. we no longer buy detergent and tissues in the supermarket because all that stuff is there too. You should take a trip up and check it out for yourselves....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hell, there's even ads for Jonesboro Market on Dundalk's community radio station now ;)

"Everything from a needle to an anchor!.."

Advertisement