Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did Enda Kenny visit Waterford during the campaign?

• 23-05-2007 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I heard that Enda Kenny didn't even visit Waterford City during the election campaign, although he did visit Dungarvan yesterday.

Is this true, or just a scurrilous rumour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

fricatus wrote:
    I heard that Enda Kenny didn't even visit Waterford City during the election campaign, although he did visit Dungarvan yesterday.

I think he did but made no commitments to the issues in Waterford except for the generic "more beds" and "my contract" guff.He saved his speeches for Dungarvan because he realises that is where his main support base is in Waterford.Either way AFAIK he said nothing about Waterford worth talkling about.

On a seperate note did anybody see the N&S's vox pop in last weeks paper.A woman was quoted as saying she'll "vote FG because of all the roads they have built".I mean what the ****:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

mad man wrote:
    I think he did but made no commitments to the issues in Waterford except for the generic "more beds" and "my contract" guff.He saved his speeches for Dungarvan because he realises that is where his main support base is in Waterford.Either way AFAIK he said nothing about Waterford worth talkling about.

On a seperate note did anybody see the N&S's vox pop in last weeks paper.A woman was quoted as saying she'll "vote FG because of all the roads they have built".I mean what the ****:rolleyes:

Yes I thought exaclty the same thing about the Vox Pop and she must be mistaken FG for FF.. but then she goes on to mention Jim Darcy....

do these people live on the same planet as the rest of us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Bards wrote:
    Yes I thought exaclty the same thing about the Vox Pop and she must be mistaken FG for FF.. but then she goes on to mention Jim Darcy....

do these people live on the same planet as the rest of us?

Some people are incredibly ignorant.It makes you wonder how valid election results are based on merit.My father told me a storey from years ago (1950's) about some guy he was talking politics with.You also have to put this in the context of the time when most of the population where still around during the war of independence. and the National Question was still a hot topic.At the time the FF soundbite was "FF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY".When the subject of who you were gonna vote for came up the guys says to my old man.There is only one party for me "FG the republican party." My Father just looked at him dumbstruck and thought about correctimg him but realised that he would only be bursting this guys bubble so he left it go.

I thought myself that this would have been not that unusual back then because politics was still mostly about personalities like DeValera and people were less educated.However a few years back a friend of mind was telling me how "everyone in FG was in the IRA". I got the impression he learned this bizzzare theory from his father who I heard say before that the "counry would be better off getting people to work on farms again instead of multinationals" Like my Father I just looked at him amazed and went about setting him straight.The result was I just made him look like a fncking eejit amd he resents me for it to this day.Moral of the story give people the right to be wrong,

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Enda did visit Waterford, but I dont know what he said.
    Bertie visited Waterford (flew in) but was very brief and said the same awl **** hes always rambling on about.

As for the past, if I recall, FF were more in with the IRA then FG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

mad man wrote:
    .Moral of the story give people the right to be wrong,

I like it.... seems that Brendan McCann fits this billing perfectly:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

fricatus wrote:

Probably another "untruth" put out by FF Spin Doctors.

Advertisement