Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB Adjudication Hearing - Finally

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Rhonda9000 wrote:
    As the order says - they have to either pay or appeal within the given time lines. OP, What is controversial about this?

the appeal can be after they are meant to pay which means they can drag things out.

Maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

kearnsr wrote:
    the appeal can be after they are meant to pay which means they can drag things out.

Maybe?

3 weeks to apply for an appeal is hardly "dragging things out" kearnsr?

If there is no payment (within 7 days) and no appeal after 21 days - the circuit court will step in to enforce the order - the losing party will be in more trouble than if they had just complied in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Lex, did you ever get paid seeing as the PRTB met the end of June.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Rhonda9000 wrote:
    3 weeks to apply for an appeal is hardly "dragging things out" kearnsr?

If there is no payment (within 7 days) and no appeal after 21 days - the circuit court will step in to enforce the order - the losing party will be in more trouble than if they had just complied in the first place.

If they have 7 days to pay up but 21 days to appeal that sounds like a way to drag it out to me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dingding wrote:
    Lex, did you ever get paid seeing as the PRTB met the end of June.
    no silver has crossed my palms yet, so I'll be following it up this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Rhonda9000

kearnsr wrote:
    If they have 7 days to pay up but 21 days to appeal that sounds like a way to drag it out to me

I suppose its all relative kearns - personally I cant see how a 21 day window to appeal can be seen as dragging something out to any great extent. Its undoubtedly very rapid in comparison to e.g. the same landlord setting down proceedings against a tenant in the regular court system. Considerably less labourious and expensive also.

Advertisement