Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten Wanted

Options
  • 23-05-2007 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a kitten and finding it hard! If anyone knows of a litter being born please jump onto boards and let me know, I definitely have a good home here.

If your cat is pregnant, please let me know so that I could pre book one.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Sphynx.ie

I am looking for a kitten and finding it hard! If anyone knows of a litter being born please jump onto boards and let me know, I definitely have a good home here.

If your cat is pregnant, please let me know so that I could pre book one.

Hi, are you looking for just a pet or pure breed cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

www.kittenadoption.ie

Have a word there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Sphynx.ie wrote:

Both actually. I looked into pure breeds over here and I couldnt find anyone in Ireland or online, so I thought I'd go for your normal type. I even looked into shipping, there are some excellent breeders in the UK, but I decided against. Can you help me? Any ideas?

BTW I tried kitten adoption last September and they failed to get back to me, but thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

I have a litter of 4 ginger and white kittens 3 males 1 female the female and 1 male are already booked but the other 2 are not. They were born on the 11th of May so are only 12 days old. They won't be ready to go until they are about 8 weeks.

I also have a black and white female kitten who is coming up to 7 weeks. She is getting her 1st vaccination this evening, she has already been wormed and deflead.

Sphynx.ie wrote:

I went onto Sphynx.ie...not what I was looking for if thats what you may be about to suggest? I'm thinking vocal and hairy!

• Advertisement

Irish-Lass wrote:
    I have a litter of 4 ginger and white kittens 3 males 1 female the female and 1 male are already booked but the other 2 are not. They were born on the 11th of May so are only 12 days old. They won't be ready to go until they are about 8 weeks.

I also have a black and white female kitten who is coming up to 7 weeks. She is getting her 1st vaccination this evening, she has already been wormed and deflead.

Wow, thats great, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

I'm based on the Northside of Dublin about 5/10 minutes off the M50

Im in the city centre, in Dublin 7. Could you be more pacific of where you live, if you want to pm me your area thats fine. Tell me, whats the 7week old like? Friendly? Vocal? or moody? Was she left on her own, have all her brothers and sisters been homed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KITTENADOPTION

B

BTW I tried kitten adoption last September and they failed to get back to me, but thanks for the input.

Not 100% accurate we only re home to indoor homes sorry.

I believe I am entirely accurate. I was phoned by a woman and she spoke to me for about 40minutes on the phone re. adoption, indoor cats, I was then posted out information on keeping your cat indoors and the importance of neutering and spaying. I was told I would be contacted when there was a cat available. I was not phoned back.

And I'll add that it was specifically an indoor cat I requested. There was an old cat who had some sort of nutrional disorder, and I enquired about him.

I think it was an accident that I wasn't phoned back and I'm not worried at all! I'm in luck today, thanks to Irish lass and have got a gorgous girl on her way to me next week.

Thanks to all replies on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Nice one, PWL !

You can't close the thread off without showing a pic of your new "monster" once you've got her home :D

I sure will, I got 3 pics pm'd to me this afternoon, and I nearly died. She looks like a real cookie and as irish lass very funnily put it - 'a little nosy cow' :D I can't wait....happy days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Sphynx.ie

Both actually. I looked into pure breeds over here and I couldnt find anyone in Ireland or online, so I thought I'd go for your normal type. I even looked into shipping, there are some excellent breeders in the UK, but I decided against. Can you help me? Any ideas?

Which breed do you like? i now many breeders and maybe, i can help you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KITTENADOPTION

Sorry that was part of a PM that should have gone to an op.Who was asking about kittens to catch mice.
    As said kittens will not deter mice and in fact most cats won't either, the presence of a cat is no guarantee that you will be mice free.
    All our kittens are indoor only, for their safety and your peace of mind as you have a blank slate with a kitten. We have few older cats as the clue is in the name kitten adoption :)
    However we are helping a rescue near Wicklow with some out door domestic strays, they may a better medium for catching mice and rats. They would not be cuddly lap cats, they would need a safe secure house for 2 weeks prior to being let out.
    Karen666@hotmail.com if you need anymore info or want to make contact with the Wicklow group.

Pee wee..........I am glad someone spent 40 mins talking to you via the phone about a male cat with digestive problems, this shows that someone is taking the time and care regarding re homing and this is how it should be. It was not kitten adoption though. We do not have many male adult cats as we take in kittens or mothers with kittens, and certainly not one who had a digestive problem or food intolerance. So perhaps it was another organization?
    Our protocol, is contact (where possible via web site)) Ore adoption form filled in on line and or posted back. Home support arranged and a visit to see the cat or kitten.
    If some one id turned down for a cat or kitten, they would be informed to why we decided that, and with a bit support and education, most folks are very willing to take on board some of the suggestions we would make. We never advertise our kittens through any web site apart from our own, and have very long waiting lists, most folks are patient. Charlotte answers each and every e-mail that comes in, it may not be the same day she gets it, as KA depends on volunteers who dare, to have others jobs :) Telephone calls are taken y myself and a few volunteers, but folks looking for a kitten are directed to www.kittenadoptio.org.
    Though we are averaging 15 calls a day about pregnant acts and kittens and like all the rescue groups there are just never enough spaces, volunteers or time in a day.
    Anyway you have found a kittens and have many happy years ahead with it.
    Karen

Sphynx.ie wrote:
    Which breed do you like? i now many breeders and maybe, i can help you...

I've been looking into Ragdolls and Burmese cats. I found a cat though, and I like him alot. When I'm older and my hours are more reduced from work I will look into a pedigree at some stage.

Advertisement