Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fledgling birdie

Options
  • 23-05-2007 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

hmmm...i'm sittin at a college computer and out the window in front of me in a flower tub is a fairly big brown fledgling. He's just pecking around and sitting, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him. I was just wondering if people reckon I should get help and attempt to get him out of there- it's a courtyard so the only way out is up, but I don't know much about birds and I dont know if he was left there/can in fact fly and is just taking a breather...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

okay never mind! the mammy just came back and fed it some berries. it's a black bird i think. and he just tried to fly up over the wall but failed, I'd say he'll get it soon enough with a bit of encouragement. case closed! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

The best thing to do is leave him as close to where you found him ( but out of danger ) as possible. Chances are that the mother will come back to feed him. The same thing happened to me last week and the mother was back within an hour.

EDIT: Sorry! I did'nt your 2nd post in time.

Advertisement