Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caring for suits

• 23-05-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

I got a suit recenty. An expensive one. It's 100% Super 110 wool, a hand-cut and hand-stitched Italian suit, charcoal grey.

I love it, but I'm told that, over time, the creases should simply fall out. But after 3 wears and copious time in the wardrobe, the creases are still clearly visible on the sleeves, lower back area of the jacket and a few on the trousers.

I've hung it in the shower, letting the steam do its business but to no avail. Perhaps it's a dud suit? Either way, does anyone have any links or tips/information on how to deal with this.

Otherwise, I'll have to get it lightly pressed, and have no idea how much that costs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't crowd it in the wardrobe, let it have a little air every now and again and get it lightly steam pressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

If you can, don't wear it two days in a row.

As other poster said, give it plenty of space in the wardrobe.

Your local dry-cleaner should be able to press it professionally for you.

If you are getting creases on the lower back area then you are probably driving with the jacket on. Leave it on a hanger handing from the left-hand-side handrail in the back of your car if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

That's not it. I'll get it pressed. I think, over time, some creases fell out, but some are stubbornly remaining.

Can you recommend any decent places to go to get it pressed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That depends on your location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

DadaKopf wrote:
    Can you recommend any decent places to go to get it pressed?

I think most dry cleaners will do it for you. Mine does anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Have you had it dry cleaned yet.

Advertisement