Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800 size?

Options
  • 23-05-2007 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

What length is the 8800? It hadn't crossed my mind, but suddenly I'm very worried as when I put an X1800XT into my machine, it just barely fit - there's an ide connection right beside the end of the card, the ribbon actually touches the x1800. I know the x1800 is a really big card, but how big is the 8800 in comparison?

My main worry is that it looks like there are a few caps on the end of the 8800gts. With the x1800 there aren't so I don't mind it touching the ribbon. However I definitely wouldn't want to be trying squash an 8800 in there if its the same length as my x1800

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

8800GTX - 28cm long
    8800GTS - 24cm long

This thread will be helpfull for you:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1115861

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I thinm the GTS is 9.5 inches long and teh GTx is either 10 or 10.5 inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I posted the size of the reference boards from nvidia. So unless you get a non reference board, thats exactally how long it will be. Ie where the pcb starts and finishes. Add 1/3mm for the plate. Also these are not as wide as you would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good stuff - thanks guys

Advertisement