Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois/Offaly tactical vote

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

I've just been thinking about this and indeed post question and got an answer on another thread so here's my advice.

Consider
    1: Whos party wants to/has the best chance of doing business with Fianna Fail?
    2: The relative strengths and weaknesses of each candidate in the polls. PaddyPower.ie can give you the bookies projection for who's going to get a seat.
    3: How many preferences are you going to give to the block you really want in gov, and how many later preferences you'll give to miscellaneus others.
    4: Which of the desired candidates represent your county.

Then consider the coherence of the "rainbow" and if you view it to be a total bloc, with no possibility of any party doing business with FF, vote tactically by voting for the weakest candidate number 1, and so on until you get to the strongest.

But this isn't an absolute because you will have to consider the fact that the rainbow isn't a 100% absolute. Also you will no doubt desire local representation so you may to give your closest, preferred candidate a better preference even if they may not need it as much as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

In Laois Offaly Fianna Fail have a great party machine and they always get the vote out so it would be a major suprise if they lost a seat, i reckon 3ff 2fg with parlon losing by a few hundread votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Wicklow Boy

I think Charlie Flanagan has lost a lot of kudos in Laois Offaly after losing the last time he desided against standing in the local elections and now he has appeared again.

Sean Fleming is far better established than the last time and has been the only TD showing any interest in Graiguecullen, Carlow which now has a very sizeable population. I go for 3 FF Olwyn for FG and Parlon shading Flanagan for the last seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I think Charlie Flanagan has lost a lot of kudos in Laois Offaly after losing the last time he desided against standing in the local elections and now he has appeared again.

Sean Fleming is far better established than the last time and has been the only TD showing any interest in Graiguecullen, Carlow which now has a very sizeable population. I go for 3 FF Olwyn for FG and Parlon shading Flanagan for the last seat
    WB, I'm a bit lost by the reference to Graiguecullen, its not like they can vote for Fleming, but I do agree that he'll get in but more likely IMO at the expense of Parlon than Flanagan.

Advertisement