Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 problem...need garage

Options
  • 23-05-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Since yesterday, my '02 A4 Tdi has been losing power. Put the foot down and very slow response from engine, that kind of thing. Did a thread search on boards and it seems it may be the MAF or similar so i took it down to one of the south Dublin dealerships this morning. spoke to one of the lads in service and he gave me a list of problems he thought it might be, however they cant even look at it til 14th June at the earliest, the other south dublin dealerships are the same. What i need is a reliable garage that might be able to do something with it a bit quicker than that. I'll travel if necessary but i dont want to continue driving around like this for maybe a month, I'm sure I'll be causing more damage.

So if anyone could tell me of a garage that would be capable of diagnosing/fixing this problem I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
    Tom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

This may sound a bit random.... but at what revs is this happing at?
    Can the car drive at low revs, so is it okay up until you stress/tax the engine to pick up speed??

I'm thinkin a misfire at high revs from a faulty coil pack, ht lead or spark plug.
    If its any of these the ecu should pick this up and pop the engine management light on.
    VERY similar problem on my brothers focus 2 weeks ago, shortly followed by the same on my car.
    Both ended up being ht leads.

Other than that the only thing i can think of is small stuff like the airflow sensor or lamba sensor....
    I'm sure more experience ppl on here tho can help ya more but thats my 2cents anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Just noticed its a desiel..... MILLION other things it could be! lol
    Fact the car is driving is good tho, better it move and have something wrong than being stuck on the side of a road. Just get it to a dealer asap.
    Let us know what lights are on anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Thanks for the reply, undrecoverguy.
    Theres no warning lights showing at all, the only symptom is a distinct lack of power. For instance if i put it in third and floor it there's an engine response but it's as if the car has only half the power it did two days ago, almost like driving a non-turbo diesel. found a place in dun laoghire that'll look at it friday morning. reckon i'll just keep it parked up til then:(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Couple of possible causes
    Airflow meter-About €85+vat for part
    MAP sensor_About 45+vat for part
    Wastegate could be choked up.This is a labour only job and can be expensive enough as it takes a while to do right, couple of hours.

Could be more but id say its one of the top two, possibly the third

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

egr valve
    choked CAT

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I would say wastegate or EGR !

Thanks for the replies.
    I'm taking it into jetstar in Dun laoghire in the morning.
    Anyone ever used them?
    I'll take the cost on the chin, whatever it is...
    Got a good deal on the car when i bought it a few months back so i dont mind spending a bit to get it back in good running order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭byrner1

Jerry and the lads in jetstar a great bunch . he will sort the problem and wont rip you off .Has all the software need for VW Audi

byrner1 wrote:
    Jerry and the lads in jetstar a great bunch .
    That's good to know, sounded professional enough on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yes I know Jetstar too, highly recommended !

• Advertisement
Advertisement