Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgement Day Worst Ppv (Contains Spoilers)

• 23-05-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

As the title says....
    This PPV event was the worst show i have ever seen .. I will not mention any results as it may spoil it for some people. Not one match would or could I rate as even good. OK some of the top guys ie. edge tried but it was like pissing in the wild... The standard has really slipped ,If this is all the WWE has to offer their days will be numbered.
    RANT OVER
    My question (Injuries aside ) where next, is there some one, thing or story that can bring it back from the brink........
    Opinions please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think you're being very harsh on the ppv. There were much worse ones last year. The tag team title match was excellent and Punk and Burke had a good match, even if their roles were reversed. Do you think those matches were worse than the main events of Booker/Finlay vs Cena/Batista that they put on last year?

I think WWE has improved so much now when compared to 2/3 years ago. I find it strange how some people seem to have really enjoyed that era and have only started to dislike it now. I mean, even last year was awful for most of the time! They've stepped it up this year, there's been more quality matches on tv, and the ppv's have delivered better than they have in years

I still think they could do a lot better, but I think they're doing fine at the moment and they just have to keep up with what they have been doing to keep their audience watching. I don't care for the Lashley/Vince angle, but this is WWE and I'd begin to worry if they didn't have at least one crap angle on their shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

ROCKMAN - Watch Wrestlemania 9, 13 or In Your House 4, then come back to me :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Ok the tag match was good , but it was only one of five title matches on the card and in by opinion one good match out of five title matches is not value for money. Punk 's match was watchable, but the story line or the one person (HBK) who could have save the show was crap. If he is injured i will understand if not hmmm and was it not all done before....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

the ppv wasd gay ur right. the most annnoying thing about it was kali tapping out, he should have got himself d.q. he should never have tapped to that fag cena. i really hate cena, he does not deserve the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive not seen it, so cant comment on how/bad it was, but with December 2 Dismember, Survivor Series 06 and Summerslam 06 still fresh in the memory, I find it difficult to believe anything could have been worse than those.

Just to add another contender and thats KOTR 1996, the year Mabel won it. God almighty.

• Advertisement

Austin won it in 1996, Mabel won it in 1995 and it was indeed god awful.
    Learn yer history man! ;)

Summerslam 95 is pretty awful but at least the Shawn/Razor ladder match II was saving grace. But diesel v mabel is rank.
    VR!

Hands up ,I would not have seen all of the events been mentioned but there is a pattern starting to appear .... so maybe my Question should have been Judgement Day the latest in a ever growing line of bad PPV events , How can the WWE stop this rot ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Well they just have a really good ppv last month. A lot of people liked Wrestlemania the month before and Judgement day was a solid enough show.

Wheres the rot?

Injuries, bad script writing, not enough main eventers on the roster atm... want me to continue? :)

VR!

ROCKMAN wrote:
    Hands up ,I would not have seen all of the events been mentioned but there is a pattern starting to appear .... so maybe my Question should have been Judgement Day the latest in a ever growing line of bad PPV events , How can the WWE stop this rot ??[/QUOT

we can try stop the rot by letting the main events/card become a bit more, unpredictable- we all knew cena was going to win, edge, rko, when hbk came stumblin down like a ****in idiot. the hardys & carlito etc, put the opposite to all that and there would have been all talk, "wow i didnt think that would happen" etc etc etc.

• Advertisement

one good show popping up now and again as for your opinion about judgement day we well have to disagree

Dublin1983 wrote:
    ROCKMAN wrote:
    Hands up ,I would not have seen all of the events been mentioned but there is a pattern starting to appear .... so maybe my Question should have been Judgement Day the latest in a ever growing line of bad PPV events , How can the WWE stop this rot ??[/QUOT

we can try stop the rot by letting the main events/card become a bit more, unpredictable- we all knew cena was going to win, edge, rko, when hbk came stumblin down like a ****in idiot. the hardys & carlito etc, put the opposite to all that and there would have been all talk, "wow i didnt think that would happen" etc etc etc.
    TOTALLY AGREE

No doubt they have a horrendous injury list and that will have an impact but its not a rot.

I've seen wrestling company's rot. WWE ain't rotting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i have to say, WWE is worrying me at the moment. from the turn of the year, up WM they were putting on great shows week in week out. The storylines were good and the wrestling was great. They were on form. WWE appeared to have gone back to putting wrestling first, above crappy gimmicks and stories.

However, they have gone backwards at an alarming rate since WM. Sure, injuries to Kennedy, 'Taker and HBK can't have been helping matters, but the current lines Cena and Lashley are in are terrible, and they are being focused on too much.

I know Orton should be getting punished, but i can't see any good reason as to why he is not being pushed to the RAW main event ahead of Khali, who it the worst in the business. They could have even put him on to smackdown and put edge back in the RAW title picture. NItro should be getting used more, Hardy should be pushed up the order. There is so much going wrong in the WWE at the moment it is unbelievable.

As i have said, injuries to two of the top stars aren't helping, but i can't help but feel things could still be a lot lot better.

Cena vs Orton fued.
    Batista vs Edge for the title.
    Hardy vs Nitro for No. 1 contendership on SD!
    Take the belt off Vince and put on Shane if a corporate has to have it. Otherwise put it in to the mix for the new breed storyline.
    take Lashley off ECW, he isn't extreme. Don't know where i'd put him, but not ECW. A future line could be former marine Lashley vs fake marine Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, but if the opposite to the results that happened at Judgment Day had happened, I'd be on here giving out along with a few others I'm sure. If we had Batista as the champ again and Khali as the new WWE champ, I wouldn't be looking forward to what comes next. And they can't really have Shawn winning when he could be out for the rest of the year. I wouldnt call the Carlito match predictable

its been a while, since wwe has surprised me, i cant even think of the last, oh yea i do new years rev, when edge cashed in the mitb.

Dublin1983 wrote:
    when hbk came stumblin down like a ****in idiot.

Bit harsh don't you think? Given the fact that he blew his knee out 2 days before the show (there goes that old nagging knee again! ;)). At least he still showed for it. :)

VR!

Dublin1983 wrote:
    its been a while, since wwe has surprised me, i cant even think of the last, oh yea i do new years rev, when edge cashed in the mitb.

How about Edge taking the title last week on SD? How about the Punk swerve when joining the New Breed?

Thats 2 in the last month, and Im not even much of a WWE fan, but there is no point in moaning just for the sake of it.

Dublin1983 wrote:

Be serious there, since then there was the Rey v Eddie ladder match at summerslam, and the awesome series of matches between HHH and Flair! :P

And MY posts generate x-pac heel heat? Give me a f*ckin' break already!
    VR!

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah, but if the opposite to the results that happened at Judgment Day had happened, I'd be on here giving out along with a few others I'm sure. If we had Batista as the champ again and Khali as the new WWE champ, I wouldn't be looking forward to what comes next. And they can't really have Shawn winning when he could be out for the rest of the year. I wouldnt call the Carlito match predictable
    that is true, but more indicative of a poor booking in the first place then anything else, especially in regards the Cena match.

Edge vs Batista was a match that couldn't be got away from, and Edge was the winner everyone wanted to see. It was a PPV match that had to happen, and the result that had to happen. I just wish they could throw someone else in to the title mix for the next PPV rather then have a rematch.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    How about Edge taking the title last week on SD? How about the Punk swerve when joining the New Breed?

Thats 2 in the last month, and Im not even much of a WWE fan, but there is no point in moaning just for the sake of it.

EDGE CASHING IN THE MINB WAS TO DEFEAT TAKER, WAS Obvious as a slap in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Se7en

Granted Judgement Day wasnt the strongest PPV ever. I mean it felt like an extended RAW and appeared to be nothing more than an oppourtunity to move along storylines. But to say it is one of a long line of bad PPVs is very unfair. Backlash was ****ing great and Wrestlemania for the most part was great, Armageddon and Royal Rumbel from this year were both hugely entertaining show. ****, even No Way Out had Finley booting a midget which frankly, was hilarious. So cut WWE some slack, they are getting better and it was just unfortunate they were so badly hindered with Undertaker and Kennedy getting injured.

Plus whoever said Cena doesnt deserve the title is one obviously one of these people that if HBK aint champ then **** WWE. Cena has improved leaps and bounds, examples? Cena v Edge (Unforgiven), Cena v Umaga (Royal Rumble), Cena v Michaels (Wrestlemania) and I'm sure I'm missing out some.

Or Edge beating Kennedy for MITB.

If you want to be in a continuous state of surprise or confusion for 42 miuntes each week, go watch Impact.

The WWE has dipped post 'Mania. There shows haven't been as good and I don't blame them fully for it. They have about 6 main eventers out (Booker, Rey, Kennedy, 'Taker, Triple H and Michaels).

I still maintain though that they have put on good wrestling this year on a very consistent basis.

Business may go down for a while. Its not a rot though.

Dublin1983 wrote:
    EDGE CASHING IN THE MINB WAS TO DEFEAT TAKER, WAS Obvious as a slap in the face

Only if you read the gossip sites, which I generally dont. Therefore I, like millions of others, did not actual know the severity of Takers injury - thus making it a surprise to me.

gimmick wrote:
    Only if you read the gossip sites, which I generally dont. Therefore I, like millions of others, did not actual know the severity of Takers injury - thus making it a surprise to me.

i dont watch listen.read spoilers either, i knew something wasup.
    i simply put 2+2 together.

So you knew that when Edge won the MITB from Kennedy (which was a surprise in itself), that he was going to turn up at the end of a drawn cage match to beat The Undertaker?

gimmick wrote:
    So you knew that when Edge won the MITB from Kennedy (which was a surprise in itself), that he was going to turn up at the end of a drawn cage match to beat The Undertaker?
    and Henry was going to come out and hammer 'Taker before that too.

Was thinking that myself. Nobody could predict Takers injury, or Edge beating Kennedy.

At least admit that Edge getting the MITB from Kennedy was a surprise, because quite frankly, it was and thats just fact. :)

VR!

mark henery was a toatal surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

lets just be thankful the cage wasnt still lowered when henry waddled his way out,although cage vs henry 2 would have been
    hilarious!

Advertisement