Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow voice streaming

Options
  • 23-05-2007 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

I'll pitch this in broadband as although there is a wireless element to my network, I don't think the problem lies there.

I have a 2Mb UTV line running through a new Belkin N1 Router/Modem.

This serves wireless all over the house & no latency problems with streaming voice through Real (specifically - I'm a Brit & listen to BBC Radio 2 !!!).

I work from home & have just moved my office to the garden shed approx 200ft from the house. To overcome the network issue, I've installed two Zyxel PL100 Powerline Ethernet Adapters (runs ethernet over the power cables). The shed is pre-wired, so its a perfect solution.

I seem to get full broadband speed in the new office, but Radio 2 is very very slightly slooooooow - not much, but sounds as though a 33rpm record (shows his age) is running about 30rpm if you get my drift.

Is this likely to be a latency over the Powerline connection of am I missing something ????? - is there any way of increasing the buffering on a net connection ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Andi

Advertisement