Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal v Armagh in Ballybofey on Sunday

Options
  • 23-05-2007 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Well lads,

So here we go again, 1st round of the Chmpionship gets underway for us on Saunday against Armagh in Ballybofey. Just read that the boss man Brian McIvor is hopeful that Brendan Devenney will recover from his stomach muscle injury in time to start the match!!

So what are our chances guys?? Here's hoping we give Armagh a good trashing!
    MTM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Agreed. I have been to too many games over the past few years where we have been hammered by the orange men. I hope Karl Lacey doesn't let McDonnell breathe and that Cassidy and Gallagher can stop McGrane and McGeeney. I would be happy with any win be that one point or a hemmering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Thankfuly Francie Bellew is not playing as he was a thorn in our side down the years, looking foward to this one, waiting a long time to get revenge on Armagh so hopfuly Sunday will be the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And dont forget that Paddy20 will be waiting out the Glenfinn road to welcome all boardsies to the twin towns. You have to bring your own bottle though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭MikeTheMan

muffler wrote:
    And dont forget that Paddy20 will be waiting out the Glenfinn road to welcome all boardsies to the twin towns. You have to bring your own bottle though :D

LOL!!
    Aye might walk down from Convoy, weather permitting...haha.
    So we have to bring our own? Bad form - as I would be rather thirsty after the long walk... Paddy20 should be offering us cans from his big cooler out of the boot of the car for free. I mean, only an incentive like that would make me actually consider going down to Twin Towns :D

Meh. Convoy can't make up it's mind if it is a suburb of Ballybofey or Letterkenny. :D

Who is going to the game from here? I can't as I have exams next week and will make do with the tv. If I went to Ballybofey, I would be very tempted to have a few beers after.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote:
    Meh. Convoy can't make up it's mind if it is a suburb of Ballybofey or Letterkenny. :D

Who is going to the game from here? I can't as I have exams next week and will make do with the tv. If I went to Ballybofey, I would be very tempted to have a few beers after.

In the same way that Ballybofey can't decide if it's a suburb of Convoy or Stranorlar....

smashey wrote:
    Who is going to the game from here?
    Me for one!

Carrickman wrote:
    Me for one!

Yeah, I am heading down as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

MikeTheMan wrote:
    LOL!!
    Aye might walk down from Convoy, weather permitting...haha.
    So we have to bring our own? Bad form - as I would be rather thirsty after the long walk... Paddy20 should be offering us cans from his big cooler out of the boot of the car for free. I mean, only an incentive like that would make me actually consider going down to Twin Towns :D

Unfortunately, I will not be at home on the big day. However, as the founder of the voluntary Twin-Towns Enterprise Development Agency (many years ago) I must say that considering our wonderful selection of Hotels, Pubs/Bars etc.

A warm welcome awaits everyone visiting Ballybofey, both from local people and 'Watering hole's' ;) . We want your money ;) . Quenching your thirst is easy here :D . DONEGAL WILL WIN.

P. :cool:

• Advertisement

Donegal team for Sunday
    P Durcan
    N McGee P Campbell K Lacey
    P McConagley B Monaghan B Dunnion
    N Gallagher K Cassidy,
    C Bonner M Hegarty C Toye
    C McFadden B Devenney K McMenamin

Well done Donegal.... It wasn't a superb performance but it doesn't matter, once we beat Armagh. Lucky goal from Devenney and great point from Adrian Sweeney as well. Here's hoping now that the team will be revved up for Tyrone on the 17th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well done indeed but it was a bit of luck in the end. They will need a better performance against Tyrone or else its the back door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

Sorry to sound dumb if this is common knowledge but does anyone know where the tyrone game will be played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

And should of said well done to the boys might not of been the best game but they got the result right. Which is after all all that matters

georgie59 wrote:
    Sorry to sound dumb if this is common knowledge but does anyone know where the tyrone game will be played

Clones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I stated DONEGAL TO WIN, and they did :D:D:) .

P.:cool:

Advertisement