Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin McRae: DIRT demo out now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Can't wait for this one. Remember seeing some screens ages ago that looked amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cooool, thanks for reminder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Cheers Ciaran500 hopefully it i'll be available to download 1st thing tomorrow morn !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Looking forward to this one. Anyone d/l it yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its just up, 768mb

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Good stuff - that's 2nites enterainment sorted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Is anyone having trouble downloading this? Mine seems to be stuck on 55% for the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Yeah was about to ask the same thing. I'm stuck on 7%:(
    Same on NTL and Eircom BB. Something on the M$ end.
    Tried another download from the arcade and that went fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Its just up, 768mb

i think i've only 3gb free space left on the hd, didnt think i'd need the 120gb hd but at the rate i'm downloading demos......

Yeah was about to ask the same thing. I'm stuck on 7%:(
    Same on NTL and Eircom BB. Something on the M$ end.
    Tried another download from the arcade and that went fine.

Ah Crap - I hope it's sorted by the time I get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Downloaded it fine on EsatBT, graphics are great, damage is superb, handling is absolutely CRAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Mince came down today fine in 2hrs but slowed down a good bit after 80% hence I only got to play for 10mins before I had to head to work.

So far it looks great but the cars movement did not seem as fluid as PGR3 or Forza ( Demo )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Who needs DiRT when I'm playing Forza 2 the full game :D

handling is absolutely CRAP.

HA HA thought that might be the case. Most of the Colin McRae rally games were poor when it came to car physics. Cars felt as if they were pivoting on a central point,if ya catch my dirft.
    Who needs DiRT when I'm playing Forza 2 the full game

*shakes fist at Kensutz*

What's the full title like? As good as you hoped it would be??

......download now @ 16%:mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The shouldn't have named this DIRT, they should've just called it SH1T!!!!!!!

Terrible game!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is it terrible cause you're crap?
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Awh this download sucks cos i eventually got to 59% and now it's reset to 7%!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Kenny 5 wrote:
    The shouldn't have named this DIRT, they should've just called it SH1T!!!!!!!

Terrible game!!!:mad:

:eek: Your Wrong

My download is going farrr... to slow :mad:

Jambo wrote:
    So far it looks great but the cars movement did not seem as fluid as PGR3 or Forza ( Demo )
    I read somewhere that the game is locked at 30FPS, I think PGR3 or Forza run a lot more...

Downloading demo now, 2% Grr faster! FASTER!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

took 4 hours to get to 17%. SCREW IT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

It took less than two hours to download for me. Its ok. I won't buy it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Looks shiny, handles like a mcRae should. I'll probably pick it up. Hope they change the narrators voice though.

It was annoying after 5 mins in a demo, I'd probably go nuts if I had to listen to him all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

Got to 13% then said it couldnt download any more , i restarted it got to 14~% after an hour so i went to bed

Feck it anyway - Got to about 40% twice and then failed - looks like a lot of people are having this issue - over on Xbox forums.

even guys with 20 MB connections getting really slow downloads.

I can't see any reason for this as any other demo I downloaded - like forza - was pretty quick

Mik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

took me hours and hours but eventually this morning the demo was there. will play after work :)

Download went fine this morning. Start video looked sweet. Like the menu system and the way you can mess around with the angles of the pages etc.
    Handling wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but still they could be alot better. Touching the brakes is like throwing an anchor out of the car.
    Shame they didn't open up the reply option.
    Voice over AFAIK is done by Travis Pastrana who used to ride motocross bikes and kicked ass in the X games.

Travis on a bike

Travis the rally driver. Damn that co-driver has a cool head.

Although if you search youtube (Travis Pastrana X Games Rally Race) you'll see him beating McRae.

Still feckin annoying voice in the game.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

I guess its too many people are trying to get it at once , ill wait try again over the wk

Took 4 hours to download and yea it's good.
    Downloading the PC demo now as I want to see what my 8800 can do for the FPS!

• Advertisement

If any of you wanted to know: PC VS Xbox 360, battle of the demo's

I put the Xbox 360 and the PC head to head (PC: 6600Core Duo 2 - 4GB DDR3 -8800 GFX-) as I really like this demo and as I plan on buying it. I just wanted to get the best.

The Xbox looked a little better at every part of every track, colors were richer/deeper almost and over all detail was better. The 360 was able to handle loads going on at once better than the PC and that surprised me a little and didn't slow down as much when the action was full on.
    PC track was missing stuff too like people and even some of the stands. The PC did loaded the demo up a good 10 Seconds faster than the Xbox and yes you can push the res up if you wanted and adjust the color but over all it didn't make it any 'better looking'... What the PC really had going for it was more than 30FPS, faster loading times and extra punch in the rumble (using the same Xbox controller in both) but thats about it... No Xbox live to have fun in (not sure if this is suppose to be an 'Windows live' game or not)...

Ok so I know they are only demo's and do not represent the full game... but I know what version I'll be buying.

Advertisement