Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin McRae: DIRT demo out now

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Wow, it knew I was from Ireland without even askin. I enjoyed it, I'll probably buy it... Yer mans voice is pretty annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

What the 360 needs is a sequel to Rallisport Challenge 2, the greatest racing game ever made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Julez wrote:
    Wow, it knew I was from Ireland without even askin. I enjoyed it, I'll probably buy it... Yer mans voice is pretty annoying!

lol isn't what country your from in your system settings. thats how it knew :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

This game is getting mixed opinions i personally think its great - being a fan of the previous games helps :S The realistic damage models and nice graphics engine are damn good - but i have issues with it however

*The difficulty scales depending on how well u run the race sometimes..
    *handling is worse then previous incarnations (by worse i mean less enjoyable)
    *The game has been "americanised" with annoying ridge-racer style voice-overs telling u are crap.

The games is far from sh1t but i don't think its gonna be successful as other CMR games (specifically 2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

miju wrote:
    spoilsport:p

had a quick blast at the demo and it seems like total crap to me... nice graphics but terrible handling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

miju wrote:

Yeah I know yeah but... still the most amazing thing ever don't you think!! lol

Hercule wrote:
    The games is far from sh1t but i don't think its gonna be successful as other CMR games (specifically 2)

Yeah 2 was the best by a good bit, never really got that inot the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Scruff wrote:
    is it terrible cause you're crap?
    :p

Um no, managed to win a few races but the handling is terrible. You'd think after so many outings with this title that Codemasters would've got it right by now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I have to take back my earlier comment about the handlin , it was just me been too used to the handling of road based racers , so far for the dirt demo I think it great and I more than likley will be buying it on release day !
    The evo on the hill climb !! what a great drive and I can waith to see more of the 4x4's on the desert tracks .

On another note just checking play.com I see the classic Sega Rally which was excellent in it time on the PC and more so in an arcade is due for release some time in sept !! I think it couldbe another but maybe if only for nostilga sake !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

I really like it , the handling is perfect , this is how cars react when driven at speed , unlike Forza and GT who have got it so wrong its embarresing .

The graphics are top notch , Change to the bumper view ( so you can only see the road no car ) and put the boot to the floor on my 42" HD tv about 4 feet from my face this looks amazing best sence of speed ive ever gotten from a game .

The only thing i dont like is the car seems to stay in the middle and the track moves around you ( i know this is the way most car games work but it is really noticable ) i remember one of the earlier games when you went around a corner the car would slide to the corner of the screen. just looked a lot better .

But ill still get it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

After the lengthy download and subsequent hour or so of playing I think I want my three hours back so I can play a real racer.... the handling is rubbish....like driving a shopping trolley at high speed .. comes no where near Forza 2 demo in my opinion.

Granted Dirt is rally / buggy type racing predominantly on mud/ gravel etc as opppossed to asphalt like Forza 2 but I just think its feels really really bad and seems to be worse than previous incarnations.

• Advertisement

Trev M wrote:
    After the lengthy download and subsequent hour or so of playing I think I want my three hours back so I can play a real racer.... the handling is rubbish....like driving a shopping trolley at high speed .. comes no where near Forza 2 demo in my opinion.

Granted Dirt is rally / buggy type racing predominantly on mud/ gravel etc as opppossed to asphalt like Forza 2 but I just think its feels really really bad and seems to be worse than previous incarnations.

Its all down to preference i think if you want a car to feel like a car get mcrae if you want to feel like you playing a computer game then get Forza .

Forza bored the arse off me , Mcrae is the bee bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

This demo is fuggin awesome. Cant wait for the full game now. Alot of people are complaining about the handling, i find it pretty easy, and fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Thats fair enough anto , everyone will have their own perceptions , at least we get to try the demos before we splash out eh?!

Trev M wrote:
    Thats fair enough anto , everyone will have their own perceptions , at least we get to try the demos before we splash out eh?!

too true ,

I prefere the insanity of rally , flying around a corner at 80 or 90 dirt flyin gevery where tyres spinning .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Had a go of it yesterday, the buggies are great fun.

Also, prettiest menus in a game, ever. They put some effort into making them look nice.

Advertisement