Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Vs Nokia ,for sound.

• 23-05-2007 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I was looking for some advice on a mobile I was looking at.
    Originally I was going to get a sony phone ,with bluetooth and radio.
    Then I seen the nokia 6300 ,it looks like a nice phone .Has anyone any ideas of how good the radio and music functions are on both??
    Preferably the louder the better for sound:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Which sony phone was it? I'd probably lean towards the Sony for sound quality for no reason other than they do some great hi-fi's and headphones so I'd like to think that would translate over to their range of phones. Although saying that my k800i doesn't come with a standard headphone jack so I have to use the headphones that came with the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Sony anyday.I have used many phones and was really happy with the k800i.You can get upgraded headphones with great sound quality and bass.I thin k800 is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I was hoping to get the W610i ,but nowhere seems to have it.
    I read that the 6300 is quite a good phone aswell.

I have issues with sony hardware ,they always seem to hog resources whenever they are connected to a machine.
    Its also hard to get a sony phone ,with bluetooth ,radio ,music together .Without paying a fortune:(

So ,any recomendations?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

drdre wrote:
    Sony anyday.I have used many phones and was really happy with the k800i.You can get upgraded headphones with great sound quality and bass.I thin k800 is the best.

Yeah but I already have a great pair of Sony headphone that cost me about €40 (well worth it). I don't listen to music on it much so I won't bother getting a better pair. Love that k800i though. What a class phone.

_Brian_ wrote:
    I was hoping to get the W610i ,but nowhere seems to have it.
    I read that the 6300 is quite a good phone aswell.

I have issues with sony hardware ,they always seem to hog resources whenever they are connected to a machine.
    Its also hard to get a sony phone ,with bluetooth ,radio ,music together .Without paying a fortune:(

So ,any recomendations?

What's your price range? Bill or pre pay? Any preferred network?
    The k800i on 3pay is €250 with €100 credit. Don't know whatit costs for bill phone.

• Advertisement

Will the k800 play music ,or do you have to thrawl to the back of beyond to play something?

_Brian_ wrote:
    Will the k800 play music ,or do you have to thrawl to the back of beyond to play something?

Yep. Plays mp4 videos as well. You will need to get a m2 micro card for it though as it only has about 70mb of storage on the phone.

_Brian_ wrote:
    deffo go for the k800i.theres afew for sale on adverts and its well worth it.one of the best phones around.you can download and put mp3's on it if you want

I've a 6680 and an N70 ,got the n70 last month and it's crap.
    Echoes on calls and the ring tone dies sometimes.
    I can upgrade on voda for 180 ,for the k800i

_Brian_ wrote:

Go for it. It's a brilliant phone. I was thinking of waiting for the n73 to go down in price before I got a new phone but couldn't wait and went with the k800i and I'm glad I did.

• Advertisement

_Brian_ wrote:

Get the k800i.Great phone and good price.Just ask them to unlock it after you buy it.

Is it possible to unlock a 6680 and N70 ??

drdre wrote:
    Get the k800i.Great phone and good price.Just ask them to unlock it after you buy it.

I doubt they would unlock it after he just bought it. They would want to recoup the money. If he's going to be using it on that network why would he want it unlocked?

_Brian_ wrote:
    Is it possible to unlock a 6680 and N70 ??

yes but only through the network provider.

It's cool ,I'll probably buy a voda sim for the n70 ,use it for nights out.

Thanks for the help in choosing ,

Brian.

_Brian_ wrote:
    It's cool ,I'll probably buy a voda sim for the n70 ,use it for nights out.

Thanks for the help in choosing ,

Brian.

Glad I could help.
    You could still ask vodafone to unlock it. It's worth a shot. Worst case scenario, they tell ya to fúck off.

Glad I could help.
    You could still ask vodafone to unlock it. It's worth a shot. Worst case scenario, they tell ya to fúck off.

I'll ring the guy I deal with and ask him ,
    Cheers.

_Brian_ wrote:
    I'll ring the guy I deal with and ask him ,
    Cheers.

Best of luck.

Glad I could help.

And then just wait for the BB5 software to come out soon sometime :D

I rang up and asked about the code ,I'll have to get onto voda myself.
    I think I might ask them to give me the codes to the n70 ,if theres any trouble I'll tell them I go to a different network for my k800i :)

• Advertisement

Sorry ,I've just one thing thats bugging me .
    Is there any issues with sony software with any of the windows os.
    I had a sony MD before ,as soon as I hooked up the recorder my machine would virtually shut down.The sony software was using 100% processor .

I googled problems ,nothing seems to show.

_Brian_ wrote:
    Sorry ,I've just one thing thats bugging me .
    Is there any issues with sony software with any of the windows os.
    I had a sony MD before ,as soon as I hooked up the recorder my machine would virtually shut down.The sony software was using 100% processor .

I googled problems ,nothing seems to show.

No it hooks up very easily to the computer through the usb wire.Easy to use software and very fast.I have had afew k800is and had no problem

Thanks ,sorry for the hassle ,
    i don't have the n70 that long ,it will be nice to have a phone that works.

drdre wrote:
    And then just wait for the BB5 software to come out soon sometime :D

Have they made any advances cracking that yet.

Sorry lads ,I feel I've done the dirt on ye ,
    I went and got a nokia 6300 ,which I'm not sorry I got. At the last minute a couple of people told me of troubles of the k800 and also how big it was.

Twice today I couldn't find the 6300 in my pocket ,it was so small. The screen is amazing ,it even shows a little car icon on the screen when I connect my garmin nuvi :)
    It's a genuinely good nokia ,honestly.
    Very easy to navigate ,doesn't seem to be symbian ,it's fast but resembles symbian, if that makes sense.

Suprisingly the connections are a mini usb for pc and a triple ringed phono right angled set of phones on the bottom.
    Also a tiny card ,5mm that shoots out like a fly when you eject it :D
    They have really made an effort here to make a reliable phone ,I can't fault it and haven't even used it much.

Anyways ,thought I'd let you know ,
    Thanks again by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The 6300 is great. Doesn't work too well with my car kit though, which is a CK-7W. Fierce echo for people I call which was non existant when I used a W610i earlier this week. Still a class phone though.

chrislad wrote:
    The 6300 is great. Doesn't work too well with my car kit though, which is a CK-7W. Fierce echo for people I call which was non existant when I used a W610i earlier this week. Still a class phone though.
    Echoes are probably software configurable ,decrease the mic voltage when the speaker voltage is high ,or something like that.

They have made an effort though ,I'd lost confidence in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

drdre wrote:
    drdre -
    Do you know any model numbers for upgrade headphones suitable for
    use with the K800i ?

thanks

-ifc

Advertisement