Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Friendly Numbers?

• 23-05-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Who's up for a friendly match on Sunday afternoon in UCD against ditpokers side?

I'm number one then

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Pretty certain I won't be able to play this weekend. If it's later on sunday there's a chance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

oh yeah i forgot, i doubt you'll be in any conditition to play on sunday hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

This wasn't sorted out after the game? gah!

Might be best of Des texted everyone. Seems like a few people don't use the forums that much and answers do be slow. Pitch needs to be booked so they probably need a few days leeway.

I should be able to make this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

I wont be available between 2:30 and 5pm (louth v wicklow replay)
    any other time either Saturday or Sunday and i'll be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

should be able to make it, probably with lepo in tow (no guarentee on that though)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

I'll be there whenever. I'd prefer not too early tho. (thats 4 or 5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I've got an exam the next day, so I shaln't make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

think we're looking at 3pm on sunday, but if you lads have a preference for saturday we'll book it for then. i'll check this thread at about 4 or 5 tomorrow and if you have the numbers i'll book the pitch!

right so, who's on for this? we need 11 confirmed by 5pm this evening.

Might be able to get a mate to play if we're short numbers. Any chance you can send a mass text des and see what the response is?

John can more than likely play on saturday, not on sunday though. Either day suits me

• Advertisement

i could also probably get a mate to step in for us.

that should be around 7...

send a few texts out and we could get 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I can make it, though with the shins I'd prefer to have limited involvement, but if we're short numbers I'll play

we will probably have 14 or 15 if this goes ahead so worst case scenario you could have a few "guests" for the day! i'll be back in an hour or two... I'M OFF TO VOTE!!! wooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 niallnow

I'll be along on Sunday. I can bring along a few people if needs be. Just let me know if you need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wobbler

I strained my thigh on Tuesday so am 50-50 at present. If you're stuck for numbers then I'll come along anyway and play in goal or something...

In terms of Saturday / Sunday - I can't make Saturday but any time Sunday suits me.

Does anyone have exceptions to Saturday? Would suit me and John, more than likely couldnt make it on Sunday

we have no preference for saturday or sunday. both work for us. i'll get onto UCD and see what time slots are available for both days and get back to you!

was just on to them... pitch is NOT availble on saturday... so sunday only!
    2pm or 3pm... i'll book it in next 20 mins if you guys think you can get a team together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ill be there, no matter when its on, would have rathered saturday, but will play sunday. any sign of des lads?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Des is still alive :) He gives this his thumbs up, should be around the boards later.

I've no idea where this pitch is in UCD. That place is like a city to me. Any directions or google maps out there for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I am on for this either day.

im in work all day today, the pitch is free so i'll head down and book it later! as far as i'm taking this GAME ON!!!!

will be booking this for sunday at 3pm... game on!? yes no!? you have a team!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Really sorry guys.

I was off work on Thursday, then had a fúcking huge backlog to deal with on Friday. I apologise.

Right game on.

3PM UCD.

I'll send texts on Sat morning, it's to late now anyway.

Bring friends I suppose, more the merrier.

ditpoker, if you're still around, I've sent you a PM.

pitch booked. game on, kick off 3pm. I'll be there from 2.30pm
    Aim for the UCD sports centre, the 10 or 11b both go onto UCD campus (11b goes to the sports centre and the 10's terminus is a 5min walk from the sports cente), the 11 or 11a go past the clonskeagh gate of UCD. We're on the 11 a side astro at the back of the UCD sports pitch.

If you are short players we can give you a few players but you could easily get away with 9-a-side on that pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

How many have we got to play - I have to mates who can play - but they very good players so if they come they need to play its only fair.

Plus speaking for myself I'm pissed I didn't get a game for so long - so if I bring mates down for sure they are better than me and anyone else on our team and if that means I don't get to play whats the point for me? So Des can you give numbers please before I text my friends.

Cheers,

Mikie.

We have 10 from this thread who said they can make it, I would say another two or three that dont use the boards.

Plus if we're short they have extras, and also we can manage 9 a side if worst comes to the worst.

So i would say just come yourself mikie. everyone will get a good run out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mikie

He's good so he should definitely play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Good game today lads, thanks to ditpoker for the organisation of the pitch and that.

Result was 5-3 to Boardeaux.

Our scorers were Colm, Enda :eek:, Ed, Niall and a mate of Niall called Lawrence.

It was a good opportunity to have a look at people in different positions.

We have arranged another game for two weeks time, I'd hope we can get more of our team involved, instead of relying on friends, if possible.

• Advertisement

good game lads... think a few of our lads underestimated ya... we wont let it happen again!! :p that 3rd goal for you was some finish!!

Advertisement