Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shares in a Private limited company

Options
  • 23-05-2007 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello, I was wondering if any body could direct me to some information I might need. A few years ago I bought a percentage of a company as an investment. Since that time the company has grown to more than double its size an is doing reasonably well. However, due to certain circumstances I am not really on speaking terms with the other investors. Because of this, I have never attended a shareholders meeting, received any minutes of such a meeting, or do not know what the companies current financial situation is. I am basically looking for the information I would have thought I would be entitled to each year, and as of yet have not recieved. Hopefully somebody will have an insight. I intend to do nothing more than sending an email requesting such information, but would like to know what it is I'm looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You can download the accounts they've returned to the Companies Registration Office at €2.50 a pop on www.cro.ie. As a limited company they're obliged to file reports and report profits, dividends etc.

As for minutes, I'd send a polite email to the company asking to be forwarded to be given notice of meetings, to be forwarded, minutes of meetings from now on, and for them to their best to send any back-dated minutes onto you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Just write a letter to the company secretary asking for the information you need. I'm pretty sure there has to be a company secretary by law and it's their job to provide information (including minutes) to shareholders. It's just business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Monkeyshine

Thank you very much. You guys have been more than helpful. Much appreciated.

Advertisement