Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More problems with my K610im...

• 23-05-2007 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

I got a K610im there yesterday, today I tried putting some software and games on it, but they don't work. I have tried them in my bros fone and they work grand(K610I) but they dont appear to be recgonised when i put them on my K610im. Any help anyone???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

This may be a bit too late and may already know but....
    heres the only solution. (unless SE included j2me support in a recent upgrade which i doubt).

Downgrade your firmware from K610im to K610i firmware.
    You will loose I-mode functionality, which is poxy anyway, but youll gain J2ME support.
    thats the fundamental difference between the 2 models.

When ive done this myself ill post up here the links to what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

This may be a bit too late and may already know but....
    heres the only solution. (unless SE included j2me support in a recent upgrade which i doubt).

Downgrade your firmware from K610im to K610i firmware.
    You will loose I-mode functionality, which is poxy anyway, but youll gain J2ME support.
    thats the fundamental difference between the 2 models.

When ive done this myself ill post up here the links to what you need.

Did you do this already? How much did you pay? Where did you do it? And how much will it cost just to unlock the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Unlocking your phone won't actually solve your problem, that will just allow you to use other sim cards in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭corkproducers

flodis79 wrote:
    Did you do this already? How much did you pay? Where did you do it? And how much will it cost just to unlock the phone?
    Sorry for the late replay.
    Theres 2 sites that let you flash the firmware online.

This one is recommended by a lot of people:
    http://www.wotanserver.com/en/

heres another site.
    http://www.gsmliberty.net

Its a bit tricky, you can download wotans program for free first, and go through the guide.
    It will detect what type firmware you have.
    Then youll have to buy a credit for one firmware version.
    Make sure the region settings are correct!

Couldnt find any free firmwares for the K610im

I havent tried it myself but it has worked for everyone else.

I think those sites offer an unlock also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Citka

pretty good phone. got my sony ericsson from gsmallover.com. i got a good deal on it, but now i want to save up to get an iphone from em. i think i can get one for just under 550$ from them. it's brand new and unlocked. unless anyone knows a site where i can get a brand new iphone for cheaper?? let me know cuz i'd really like to purchase it within the next month or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You do realise this thread is over 2 yrs old.

Advertisement