Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mairead O'Dwyer (researcher with Newstalk) viciously attacked with knife

• 23-05-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've heard Seán Moncrieff referring to Mairead and how she was attacked, how people are sending in their best wishes, etc, but I didn't realise how serious it was.

Just had a search and found this article:
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gardai-hunt-radio-girls-stalker-680545.html

"THE FATHER of the young journalist whose throat was slit in a vicious attack today appealed for public help in finding the knifeman. His call came as gardai believe radio researcher Mairead O’Dwyer was targeted by a stalker as she left a Dublin nightclub.

Horrific stuff. All the best to Mairead, hopefully she'll be alright :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heard about though not Moncriefs discussion which I knew he was having on Monday or yesterday. Apart from it being mentioned in the news headlines, Newstalk did'nt 'go to town' on it which was good, maybe someone had a bit of wit and decided the familiy did'nt need the grief.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mike65 wrote:
    Heard about though not Moncriefs discussion which I knew he was having on Monday or yesterday. Apart from it being mentioned in the news headlines, Newstalk did'nt 'go to town' on it which was good, maybe someone had a bit of wit and decided the familiy did'nt need the grief.

Mike.
    Yeah Seán hasn't gone into any detail on the show, that's why I had to google it. Just at the end of the show every day he thanks people for their emails, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

He made an appeal for any witnesses to contact the Gardai on Monday at the end of his show. Got quite choked up towards the end of his appeal. Horrific thing, best wishes to the lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I hear someone is helping the garda with their inquiries since today. Still dosent lessen the grief and pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Just a quick update from the Indo.

I hope she manages to recover! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭liamdubh

Likely story. "I heard voices". Just some drunken thug out for random violence against a defenseless girl in my opinion. Fair play to the Gardai for finding him. Shocking stuff. If she's survived this long she'll recover, you probably never recover fully from something like that but she's out of intensive care according to newspaper reports so she should be ok long-term, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Mairead was on Newstalk just now.

Thanking everyone for their well wishes on live radio was emotional for her.

She's doing fine though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Yeah, I just heard her.

Glad to see that she's strong enough to go back to work. Am not surprised that she was very emotional on radio, especially since she ws thanking everyone for helping her get through it.

Good luck to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good news alright.That and the fact the attacker was caught.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement