Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whre to get topsoil?

Options
  • 23-05-2007 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭

I have a requirement at the moment for about (guessing here) 6 tonnes of topsoil. I'm just wondeirng if anyone knows a good cheap way of getting it?

Two years ago, I had to get a total of 38 tonnes (all moved by hand shovel, what a fun summer :) ) and we had to pay a couple of hundred euro for a muck truck to deliver it. The delivery guy said that the soil is essentially free, as many people are happy to be rid of it, and that the fee we were paying was for the truck.

Anyone any idea on how to get a few tonnes of soil on the cheap without massive transport costs?

Cheers.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

try jumbletown.ie or dublinwaste.ie - people are always getting rid of it but you would have to collect it yourself or any of the building site area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

You could try here! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Anyone any idea on how to get a few tonnes of soil on the cheap without massive transport costs?

Use a wheelbarrow.

Advertisement