Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here comes summer...

Options
  • 23-05-2007 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I was working from home today and around 4.30 p m, heard the two dogs going crazy in the garden, at the back wall. As I was upstairs, I took a look out the back bedroom window, and there were some children playing with the builders debris, on the land at the back of the Park (I'm in the second last phase) - goodness knows what dangerous rubbish is lying around there, so I ran them. As it is, they were climbing the large mounds of earth and balancing on a large piece of plastic pipe laid across the top of the mound.

I rang the Man Co, on the basis that - heaven forbid - its probably a nasty accident waiting to happen, esp with the school holidays coming up. They took the relevant details, said they would contact Durkans and keep me informed.

To be honest, I'd like to see something done with the land, if only made more secure with some fencing, and the rubbish cleared - its got "accident zone" and "teenage drinking den" written all over it....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 feelthegrease

if any of the land around charlesland is fenced off, ill be cutting those fences down. i dont have a car, so all the shortcuts ive found surrounding charlesland to get me the hell out of here every day are very valuable to me.

teenage drinking den? give it a few years, most of the kids in charlesland seem to be under 10....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

A/ It was only a suggestion - feel free to contribute any constructive ideas of your own and B/they don't have to be from Charlesland.

I would also be concerned for the safety of any children playing there, as previously outlined - I don't have children myself, just a little community spirit in action.

I don't know about yourself, but I have previously lived beside open land and it gradually degenerated into an unpleasant area via open air drinking and other activities. Indeed it was a dangerous place to walk through at night, so an axe will be handy for more than cutting down fences ! But of course perhaps any experiences of your own were positive.

And I hope you don't lose all your shortcuts when the builders finally do move in....

Advertisement