Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about semi-auto shotguns?

Options
  • 23-05-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to extend the magazine tube on a semi-auto shotgun? Its just a matter of interest im not expecting to be walking around like rambo or anything before someone starts!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Yes. What make and model? Try brownells.com, that's where I bought my mag extension for Remington 870. They stock tubes for these automatics: benelli centro / sport | benelli sl 80/12vt/121 m1/201 | benelli super 90 | benelli super black eagle | browning a-500 r/g | browning auto-5 | browning gold 10 | ithaca 51 | mossberg 9200 12 ga. | remington 11-87 | remington 1100 | remington sp10 | winchester 1400 | winchester super x model 2 | browning gold 12 | beretta 391 extrema | benelli m4. They're not cheap in general though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Or try www.Choate.com for all of the above mentioned by dimebag,or Tac star,or Firequest.Theres oodles of folks in the US that sell extensions.No problem importing them either.

Didnt know Rambo used mag extns.Maybe in his new film remake.But he IS getting on in years,so maybe he needs the xtra ammo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

I got the Choate on CG's advice, and it's a brill bit of kit, but at the time I had trouble getting it direct from Choate, though I know that's where CG got his. Either they've changed their policies, or I was just unlucky. I think the web address for Choate Machine & Tool Inc.is www.riflestock.com at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Thanks lads good to know, well a lad i know has a Benelli M4, needless to say i was impressed however they are soon to be on the restricted list as far as i know, so im just wondering about extending the mag on a SBE II, or an M2 is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Benelli is kind of the tricky one.Riflestock has them for $48 for the SBe or M2.
    Lets wait and see if they are restricted,after all it is a question of 5 mins to turn a restricted shotgun to unrestreicted shotgun and back again.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement