Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Name Casualties

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

seamus wrote:
    FF are in trouble in Dublin Mid West I would say, even Lenihan.

No Lenihan in Dublin Mid-West. Curran, Harney and Gogarty are the sitting TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Whoever :). The only one who's even been remotely active locally is Gogarty.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I don't see Kitt or Brennen losing their seats, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Myth wrote:
    Kitt to take the final spot?
    I'm not sure tom kitt'll take it to be honest.

Brennan, Ryan, Mitchell, Shatter will be the order it'll come in in my eyes.

Kitt hasnt put himself out there to the extent i've heard the others do. granted FF have been postering for him big time, looking to ensure the second seat, but not 100% it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I wouldnt be all that surprised if Ryan topped the poll instead of Brennan in Dublin South. Or at least came close to Brennan's vote anyway. I'd imagine Tom Kitt will get the 4th seat with Shatter probably getting the 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

See, the section of Dublin South I live in is generally firmly fianna fail, and usually a large section of what guarantees Brennan his top. good ole' Rathfarnham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

jjbrien wrote:
    Donnie Cassidy is on the way out. At least we wont see in and his silly wig anymore.
    Wig ?? My hair looks just like his...Wig....Woe !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

According to Exit polls, early signs are that these are the guys under real threat
    Ruari Quinn (Labour) and Joe Costello (Labour).

I'm very surprised at that - both decent politicians, and considering Joe Costello will probably loose his seat to Mary Lou McDonald - hey Zeus...

&#231 wrote: »
    I'm not sure tom kitt'll take it to be honest.

Brennan, Ryan, Mitchell, Shatter will be the order it'll come in in my eyes.

Kitt hasnt put himself out there to the extent i've heard the others do. granted FF have been postering for him big time, looking to ensure the second seat, but not 100% it'll happen.

I keep forgetting it's a 5 seater.

Kitt will get in if Brennan gets in purely on transfers. Ryan, I hope, will get in, ditto for Shatter. The 5th seat is the interesting one.

It might leave Maria Corrigan open to get a third seat for FF - she has been canvassing strongly from what I've seen. Otherwise, perhaps White (Lab) might nab it, but given that he got in last in the locals I doubt he'll do it.

O'Donnell shouldn't be ruled out either...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Voted 1 for Creighton on the basis she is young, female and FG. Did not vote for any FF or Mad Mullah. McDowell wil still get in though. One of my family members told me they would not vote for Fianna Gael because they would give all the money to the farmers. High level of thought gone into that one!! but it gives you a window in to the thought processes of a FF voter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

kmick wrote:
    One of my family members told me they would not vote for Fianna Gael because they would give all the money to the farmers. High level of thought gone into that one!! but it gives you a window in to the thought processes of a FF voter.

that kind of 'sound logic' is what drives many voters preferences. The amount of people i know who vote for person x because 'he seems a nice fella is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There are suggestions from early tallies that Liz O'Donnell could be a casualty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

And McDowell v Gormley for last seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

I heard that too - Liz O'Donnell in trouble, McDowell down 50% on this time last year.
    Quinn and Costello looking better than thought - but

MARY LOU McDonald polling badly at the moment - Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Parlon is in serious trouble in Laois/Offaly polling behind mullet man John Bracken. :D

will Liam Twomey definately be returned in Wexford? I know he's minister for health in waiting if the rainbow gets returned but Michael D'arcy topped the poll in the local elections and north county wexford hasn't got a TD at the moment.

will Liam Twomey definately be returned in Wexford? I know he's minister for health in waiting if the rainbow gets returned but Michael D'arcy topped the poll in the local elections and north county wexford hasn't got a TD at the moment.

D'arcy polling better than Twomey at the mo......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

I mentioned that Pat Carey was in trouble, but he's not. He's actually leading.

Liz O'Donnell only received 6% of the first preference. Herself and Fiona are in serious trouble.

sean crowe gone in Dublin SW according to the tallies sticky. He topped the poll last time.

Liz O'Donnell's demise would make this a sad day for irish politics!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

DeVore wrote:
    McDougal (sic). That muppet simply MUST get kicked out of Justice.

If he is given the boot I will be heading to his political grave with a big bag of yokes and the Now Thats What I Call Techno 1,274 compilation CD.

PDie Die Die.

DeV.
    i agree! he is an IDIOT! and a rude one at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Does anyone know if McDowell has to resign as leader of the PDs if he loses his seat?
    That's assuming, of course, that there will be any PD TDs left to lead :p .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Wisheress

Any Word Re Harney?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wisheress wrote:
    Any Word Re Harney?

First count just in in her constituency. Gonna be a dogfight. She should get in though

KevIRL wrote:
    First count just in in her constituency. Gonna be a dogfight. She should get in though

Thanks. Damn!

Wisheress wrote:
    Thanks. Damn!

2nd in the first count but still 3,000 off a quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Looking at the first prefs for Dublin Mid-West, I can't see where Harney is going to get her transfers from. Gogarty, Tuffy and Fitzgerald for me. Along with Curran, already elected.

I really really hope you're right!

Slow coach wrote:
    Looking at the first prefs for Dublin Mid-West, I can't see where Harney is going to get her transfers from. Gogarty, Tuffy and Fitzgerald for me. Along with Curran, already elected.

Thats goin against what they are sayin on the radio, will be interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Badabing wrote:
    Joan Burton is in trouble i belive, dublin west is 3 seats with Lenihan guranteed 1 seat its a dog fight for the other 2. Quinn has never really bein safe in dublin se so it wudn't be a major major shock if he missed out.

Which is a shame as she is a fairly good representative.
    I believe Quinn has polled well. I did feel that Labour hadn't really appealled much to younger people, who are more likely to be swing voters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

from what i heard on newstalk earlier burton should get final seat ahead of higgins id imagine she would benfit from FG transfers

Advertisement