Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Name Casualties

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

McDowell has quit

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio.......

Classic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

McDowell says his public life is finished, Bubbly now open:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry for double post but this is worth it, a great day indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

It Official. He has thrown in the towel!

No Mas!
    duran-leonard.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I'm surprised he quit before it went down to the last vote.
    His immediate announcement of his retirement from public life seemed like a fit of pique tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Liam Twomey, FG spokesperson on health has been eliminated in wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

DeepBlue wrote:
    His immediate announcement of his retirement from public life seemed like a fit of pique tbh.

Has he ever made an announcement that didnt? :D

Will John O'Donohue try Zero Tolerance again?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I won a bottle of Champagne today on the day the McD gets the boot. Coincidence? I don't thin so!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Joe Higgins is highly regarded by many people (including most parties and many right-wing inclined people) as an utterly outstanding worker for his constituents.

To say Joe Higgins has done little for Dublin West is laughable

obviously his constituents didnt agree...

The far left and right have suffered by a rush to the middle ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

gandalf wrote:
    Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio.......

Classic :D

WOOHOO!

At least something good has come from today. Or should that be yesterday? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

WOOHOO!

At least something good has come from today. Or should that be yesterday? :D
    I would like to congratulate John Gromley for making my day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nuttzz wrote:
    obviously his constituents didnt agree...

The far left and right have suffered by a rush to the middle ground

I think the loss of some working class constituencies from Dublin west to Dublin mid west didn't help. Labour winning the extra seat in DMW probably shows this.

Joe Higgins was a very able deputy who did a lot of work and more than most, defined a meaningful opposition to the outgoing government.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DeepBlue wrote:
    I'm surprised he quit before it went down to the last vote.
    The votes had already been counted, it was merely a matter of putting them through the computer to do the print out for the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

poor old sean crowe sf, in dublin south west. was not expecting that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

stovelid wrote:
    I think the loss of some working class constituencies from Dublin west to Dublin mid west didn't help. Labour winning the extra seat in DMW probably shows this.

Joe Higgins was a very able deputy who did a lot of work and more than most, defined a meaningful opposition to the outgoing government.

i think in general the left wing bounce didnt materialise as was perdicted in the media (or the net)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Dan Boyle gone in Cork SC...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Michael Smith went a few minutes ago.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeVore wrote:
    McDougal (sic). That muppet simply MUST get kicked out of Justice.

If he is given the boot I will be heading to his political grave with a big bag of yokes and the Now Thats What I Call Techno 1,274 compilation CD.

PDie Die Die.

DeV.
    Anyone for an aul boogie?!!?

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I announced it over the speakers last night at our bi annual big poker classic and got a rousing cheer from the crowd. The man was a bully. He acted big and tough on the minor issues and never tackled the hard stuff. Unfortunately not a million miles different from the police force he headed.

This is the best news I've heard all week. I'm absolutely delighted. Excuse me now, "I Have The Power" just came on and I must return to my boogieing!

DeV.

Goodman Dev I think an awful lot of us were celebrating last night, as the crowds sang when he arrived at the RDS:

Cheerio Cheerio Cheerioooo, Cheerio Cheerio Cheerioooooo, Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio. The most arrogant man in Irish Public Life has left the stage and I for one love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tom Parlon has just been eliminated on Count 8 in Laois/Offaly. :D

Advertisement