Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax return for a deceased person

Options
  • 23-05-2007 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

It is my unpleasant task to prepare a tax return for my dead brother in law. There is around €1500 he overpaid in tax during his last year on this earth.

I have just received the file back from the solicitor containing all his documents. As the death occurred in 2003 I assume I need to complete either a form 11 or form 12 for 2003. Which is the best to use. He only had a paye income. I am in possession of his final P45.

Along with the return form and his final P45 what other docs will revenue need? Do they need the grant/letter of administration and the revenue affidavit, death cert etc? Do they need the originals?
    As i am acting as the administator instead of his parents (who have signed renounuations) will this make matters complicated?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you may do this if you are doing his probate, if not then the executor of his probate should do it instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ok, I did the probate.

I do not want the solictor involved again. What docs will revenue ask for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

go to local tax office with

1. the normal form filled out as if it were your rebate from 2003 but his details and your sig .
    2. written proof you are the executor of the probate , essentially diverting the refund to you

thats all.

Advertisement