Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero 3

Options
  • 23-05-2007 7:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Partially revealed tracklist for GH3!
    I don't think I am exaggerating when I say the inclusion of Weezer's My Name Is Jonas, Sabotage and Smashing Pumpkin's Cherub Rock are three of the greatest GH songs to date.
    Disapointing tenacious D choice though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Not a big fan of the KISS number either. Love Gun would have been much better suited to Guitar Hero. I wonder what overlong sabbath song they'll choose for this one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Knights of Cydonia - Sweet!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Must admit, that the tracklist for GH2 was disapointing (too much metal IMO, especially towards the end).
    This will hopefully re-reach the heights of GH1.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Partially revealed tracklist for GH3!
    I don't think I am exaggerating when I say the inclusion of Weezer's My Name Is Jonas, Sabotage and Smashing Pumpkin's Cherub Rock are three of the greatest GH songs to date.
    Disapointing tenacious D choice though.
    Eh?The Metal rocks, and would actually have been one of my choices to put in a GH game.Would perhaps have preferred Master Exploder, but its still a great choice (and they're doing it themselves!Score!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Apparently they have bigger songs but they're keeping it to themselves.

Another thing is the guitar is now a Wireless Les Paul! Sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Slurms wrote:
    Apparently they have bigger songs but they're keeping it to themselves.

Another thing is the guitar is now a Wireless Les Paul! Sexy.

Indeed. Glad I got a lend of the 360 version instead of buying it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Must admit, that the tracklist for GH2 was disapointing (too much metal IMO, especially towards the end).
    This will hopefully re-reach the heights of GH1.

I agree. Far far too much ****ty metal. Woman, You really got me, Mother, Freebird, Message in a bottle & Sweet Child of mine are my favourite from number 2.

Very happy with

* Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
    * Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
    * Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
    * The Metal (by Tenacious D)
    * My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
    * Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
    * Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
    * School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)

My highlights from number II are:

Message in a Bottle
    Million Dollar Babies
    Carry on my Wayward Son
    Crazy on You
    Push Push (Lady Lightning)
    Thunderhorse
    Yyz

Slurms wrote:
    My highlights from number II are:

Message in a Bottle
    Million Dollar Babies
    Carry on my Wayward Son
    Crazy on You
    Push Push (Lady Lightning)
    Thunderhorse
    Yyz

Im a big fan of that Avenged Sevenfold song, even if I'm not a big metal fan, but just because it is so much fun to play.
    Other good songs include Wayward Son, Killing in the Name of (dodgy cover though), Tonight Im Gonna Rock You etc... Still not a patch on More than a Feeling though :p

Im a big fan of that Avenged Sevenfold song,
    I actually went and bought their album! Good guitarists, awful awful singer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

all ill say is wolfmother - WwoooooooAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAN!

delighted to see baracuda, my name is jonas" and knights of cydonia in there. My guitar hero I+II and controller, and my friends controller were stolen. Looks like we'll have to buy I,II,III and 80's, along with 2 brand new wireless lp's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

This comin' out on Ps2?

Sweet wrote:
    This comin' out on Ps2?

Yup - Wii, 360, PS3 and PS2 are the platforms as I understand it.

Advertisement