Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smurfit european open

• 23-05-2007 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭

hey i just have a question regarding getting to the k club during the competition

can u drive down to it or are there buses/trains from the city centre that take u there?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

You can drive down. there are car parks around the outside of the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Bus/train is not an option as you would have to get a taxi from Leixlip/Celbridge/Maynooth to get to the k-club. Driving is the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

madds wrote:
    Bus/train is not an option as you would have to get a taxi from Leixlip/Celbridge/Maynooth to get to the k-club. Driving is the best option.

Have a look at the Edenderry bus www.buseireann.ie - this stops around the area - may even include Straffan.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

cheers for the replies.

incase driving is not an option,do bus eireann not run a special service for that week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

cheers for the replies.

incase driving is not an option,do bus eireann not run a special service for that week?

once again I refer you to my post above.

www.buseireann.ie

S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

i appreciate the help slumped but id already checked the website but couldnt find anything.

thought maybe someone here might know of a bus service that someone might have used before to get to the tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

Alright gents, im from Straffan Village so heres what i know about the bus.

The Edenderry bus route leaves Busaras and has a pick up point along the keys where Subway and the Piano shop used to be (near the ha'penny bridge)

It goes to the village and takes about 40 minutes from Busaras.

It costs around 6 yo's for a day return ticket.

Monday to Friday the buses are fairly frequent, one every 30 minutes from 0710 until 1940. Then on the hour until the last bus which i think is 2330.

Im not sure about Saturday or Sunday but there is definitely feck all buses on Sundays.

There are no extra buses put on for the competition.

The competition is on the Smurfit course this year which is about 15 minutes walk from the bus stop.

Any more questions, just shout...

Advertisement