Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENGLISH! 15 days left

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

poetry wise i reckon:montague wud b odds on and den frost and yeats...wit regard the female one i bet plath will come up

comparitive: it kills me to say this but i reckon theme/issue and gen vision and view....i much prefer cultural context tho as a lot of my cultural contexts tie in very neatly with history :D

Macbeth: cudnt be arsed which one comes up...i wud like sumting to do wit lady mac r kingship tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Captain Smiggy

Bishop came up two years running, and they always put a woman in. Kavanagh hasn't come up in a while, AND it's his last year on the course...ipso facto....Come on Kingship and theme or issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭eoiner

Bishop came up two years running, and they always put a woman in. Kavanagh hasn't come up in a while, AND it's his last year on the course...ipso facto....Come on Kingship and theme or issue!

that point about kavanagh is important, my teacher gave me the assumption
    that a possible question could be, "why we should keep kavanagh on the l.c"

so kavanagh is what one would have thought of as a big possibility, however the polls dont seem to show much recognition...

i wounder is it what people want to come up, rather than what they think will come up,

plaths life makes for an easy essay, here poems on our course can be reproduced to make it sort of like a quazi-biography.....brill..
    by the way..................

9 DAYS LEFT........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

well on the paper it'll be one irish (yeats, kavangah, montague), one woman (plath, bishop), one classical (frost, elliot, donne or yeats again) and one other. So I think yeats is most likely. I've heard montague and plath are likely aswell. I'm just gonna learn the three irish and donne and i'll defo have one if not two! Just hope the questions are pretty vague!

• Advertisement

qwertyface wrote:
    well on the paper it'll be one irish (yeats, kavangah, montague), one woman (plath, bishop), one classical (frost, elliot, donne or yeats again) and one other. So I think yeats is most likely. I've heard montague and plath are likely aswell. I'm just gonna learn the three irish and donne and i'll defo have one if not two! Just hope the questions are pretty vague!

thanks for tellin us what we already know........

now some help choosing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 -Amy-

Well I'm doing Montague, Plath (even though the woman was insane) and Yeats..
    Montague.. purely because he's the easiest and it's his first year up.. why put him up and not put him on?
    Plath.. There has to be a woman up based on gender equality and we didnt do Bishop.
    Yeats... Only because its Yeats and Irish.. and everyone loves YEATS.

I think something about the Witches could come up in Macbeth.. about their vital role in the play and how they affect Macbeth.
    Either that or kingship.. In the mock i got how Lady Mac changed over time and that was a handy enough question.

glad i didnt do bishop either, your makin some sence about the whole montague issue, he seems to be a big possibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

eoiner wrote:
    thanks for tellin us what we already know........

now some help choosing

Sorry, didn't mean to sound all "know it all"-ish or anything!! Just being helpful for the people who don't pay attention in school, such as my friend who has been studying literary genre for the comparitive... haha, it was hard to break the news to him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am probably screwed if Montague doesent come up, its so bloody easy to write about him in comparison to the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Kavanagh, Montague, Platt and Bishop. One of them hopefully willl come up!

Kavanagh, Montague, Plath and Bishop. One of them hopefully willl come up!

thanks for the multiple threads.....

8 DAYS TO GO....

Threads???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

He only wanted to emphasise the point he wants one of Kavanagh, Montague, Plath or Bishop to come up, one of Kavanagh, Montague, Plath or Bishop to come up, one of Kavanagh, Montague, Plath or Bishop to come up.

I was just being a bit of a bastard by criticising his use of the word thread instead of post.
    *edit: LOL @ havent't a Clue's post:D*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm only studying Plath, Monty and Kavanagh. sure.. one of them has to come up:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

the safe ting is monty,Kavanagh & Yeats - One Irish has to come up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

the safe ting is monty,Kavanagh & Yeats - One Irish has to come up

If one of them don't come up expect a few mildly obese hairy gentlemen with baseball bats and other such parapharnelia to be paying you a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Hurrah.I finished studying Plath today.....well sort of.I can write lots bout her poems/main themes but I don't actually know any quotes yet (from her poems).Thats work for tomorrow!Know a few things she actually (in real life) said that should hopefully impress the examiniers though.You know **** like ''the greatest enemy to creativity is self-doubt'' and ''learning about the limitations of a woman's sphere is no fun at all''*, but my personal favourite has to be ''it seemed as though my live was run by 2 currents - joyous positive and despairing negative''.What a depressing ***** she was.

*Also what the **** is she talking bout a ''woman's sphere''?What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention.I think Yeats, Plath, Kavanagh and Montague will come up, and as such I will learn those 4 poets and no others (hell I may not even learn Montague.We'll see how things go).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

If Plath doesn't come up I'm screwed...
    I have also covered Montague and Frost..but not in anywhere as much detail as Plath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

*Also what the **** is she talking bout a ''woman's sphere''?What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Living in a sphere/bubble would be restricting. Since it was the 1960s, obviously women were opressed, so therefore "the limitations of a woman's sphere" would be the restrictions placed upon her by society since she was a woman.

does anyone else find kingship in macbeth a hard topic to study,
    there is just no structure to an answer......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

Plath is way to obvious....id say bishop will come up again just to trick people...they did it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If there's even a remote chance Kavanagh's coming up you should all study him. He's one of the most accessible and enjoyable poets there are, and he hasn't got that many themes.

whats with the huge emphasis on poetry, just learn 2, mabey three to be safe... what about kinghsip in macbeth, can any one help with how i should structure an answer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

check out zulunotes, I put up an A standard essay on Kingship last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Selphie wrote:
    check out zulunotes, I put up an A standard essay on Kingship last night.
    You did?Sweet!!

*Runs to zulunotes*

Advertisement