Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E61 VoiP (Eseries)

• 23-05-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

has anyone been using the voip feature on the E61 or some other E series phone? I been using http://voiptalk.co.uk and it works perfectly. even when I find a wifi AP along the street I can use it only takes a few seconds to connect. the early firmware versions for the E61 weren't great for the VoiP but v3.xxx.xxx.xxx is quite good. much better than the craptastic sound quality of skype. ideally I'd run my own SIP server but I don't have the whole SIP to PSTN gateway hardware

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Dankoozy wrote:
    has anyone been using the voip feature on the E61 or some other E series phone? I been using http://voiptalk.co.uk and it works perfectly. even when I find a wifi AP along the street I can use it only takes a few seconds to connect. the early firmware versions for the E61 weren't great for the VoiP but v3.xxx.xxx.xxx is quite good. much better than the craptastic sound quality of skype. ideally I'd run my own SIP server but I don't have the whole SIP to PSTN gateway hardware

Yes, I have run fring, Truphone and some other one successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

culabula wrote:
    Yes, I have run fring, Truphone and some other one successfully.

but not using the phone's own SIP client?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Works with sip client but a little tricky to set up.
    I believe it is easier to set up now though. Try Gizmo forums or E61 blog for links on using it through sip on phone. they set up a pictorial walkthough last time I checked.. I was using Gizmo for a while in the early stages but abandoned it as it was a pain, wifi stayed connected while sip was activated and the battery drained considerably.
    Installed FRing and that has SIP support for viopstunt which I use regulary and does the job perfectly over wifi and makes a decent stab over 3G.

Advertisement