Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question on election posters

Options
  • 23-05-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Can election posters be put up on lampposts in private estates?

I've just noticed a particular Fianna Fail candidate's poster appear on a lamppost (very close to my door) in my estate and I'm wondering if such crap is permitted in this location or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Do you mean by private estates, estates with management companies? If there are any rules against this then maybe we have finally found a positive aspect of management companies:) :):):) As regards housing estates in general then posters are allowed as they are public roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Well, technically the housing estate has not been handed over to the county council yet so the builder is responsible for the upkeep of the estate. However, its not like a management company situation as no money is handed over to the builder and they will eventually be handing the maintenance of the estate over to the CC.

There only appears to be the one poster in the estate and I don't recall seeing any other posters on lampposts in any other local estates.

I just think its a step to far really, there are enough posters hanging from every single available roadsign, lamppost or tree to catch my attention without having Donie Cassidy's mug looking at me when I open my front door...

I'll be keeping an eye on the poster over the next 7 days to ensure that it is removed in accordance with the 7 day rule otherwise I'll be reporting it to the local council and a €125 fine will be on its way to Mr Cassidy for littering.

Advertisement