Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could prevent one footballer from passing on his genes...

• 23-05-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Who would it be and why?

Personally, for me, it would be Kevin Kilbane. Is there any point to Kevin Kilbane?

I love Kevin Kilbane? 12 votes

Kevin Kilbane
    0% 0 votes
    Kev Kilbane
    25% 3 votes
    Kevin K
    8% 1 vote
    K Kilbane
    0% 0 votes
    Kevvy Kilbane
    0% 0 votes
    Kilbanner
    8% 1 vote
    KK
    0% 0 votes
    The Kilbanmeister
    0% 0 votes
    Kilbandinho
    0% 0 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    58% 7 votes

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

haha, I can't see this thread lasting long.

I'm an Arsenal fan, so my choice should be obvious. Though his jail-bird mate playing for the Pool tonight would run him pretty close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

haha, I can't see this thread lasting long.

I'm an Arsenal fan, so my choice should be obvious. Though his jail-bird mate playing for the Pool tonight would run him pretty close.
    Are you referring to an ex-gooner with a reputation for bi-sexual orgy sex tapes? Wait, that's not specific enough... Does he play for Chelsea?

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Are you referring to an ex-gooner with a reputation for bi-sexual orgy sex tapes? Wait, that's not specific enough... Does he play for Chelsea?
    You mentioning sex tapes makes me feel compelled to mention Stefan Postma. Now there's a google search that isn't the norm.

Er, and yes, he plays for Chelsea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Boudewijn Zenden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Gary Neville. For reasons I don't want to list and get banned for.

• Advertisement

^^^

all good suggestion, but I think you are overlooking someone.

*cough* bevin bilbane *cough*

Kevin Zidane?

Zinedine Kilbane?

I can't believe you left those options off the poll. I mean, Kevin K? Kevvy Kilbane?

I'll give you marks for The Kilbanmeister and Kilbandinho though.

Kevin Zidane?

Zinedine Kilbane?

I can't believe you left those options off the poll. I mean, Kevin K? Kevvy Kilbane?

I'll give you marks for The Kilbanmeister and Kilbandinho though.
    My only excuse is that I'm drunk(ish).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Drogba. He would probably fall over his genes and roll around for a few minutes in agony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

where is the option for Robbie Fowler?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

smashey wrote:
    Drogba. He would probably fall over his genes and roll around for a few minutes in agony.

daaaayyyum, that word-play is haytch ohhhh double tee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Who would it be and why?

Personally, for me, it would be Kevin Kilbane. Is there any point to Kevin Kilbane?
    :rolleyes:

Yeah pointless, 78 caps from his country and many years in the premiership. Yeah, all those managers are blind and stupid too.

Oh wait.... you're drunk(ish) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

agree about drogba, Robben too. and of course Keviano Kilbano:p

ans Stefan Postma..... hahahaa missiles have been thrown at many a keeper before but having a dildo thrown at you?!?!?! god he must have felt so wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Kieran Richardson..terrible just terrible. Hopefully rumours of Brian Robson making him his first signing are true :)

BaZmO* wrote:
    Yeah pointless, 78 caps from his country and many years in the premiership. Yeah, all those managers are blind and stupid too.

Yeah, but what country? Its not Brazil we're talking about. A ****ing amateur footballer player for Ireland last night.

And the Premiership... Djimi Traore has a long distinguisher career in the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What. This is the biggest load of &*%!£X I've ever heard.

Kilbane is a legend, pure and simple.

Clearly now I need reasons to back this up.

1: Workrate... Kilbane is a championship level player. He's been in the premiership so long because he simply works harder then the others. There are so many players with more natural talent then him(Andy Reid, Liam Miller..just to name two irish ones) who don't do as well simply because Kilbane works harder.

2: Attitude.... None of this 'poor me, I'm on the bench' or 'they promised me 5k a year extra' or 'I'm really tired' nonsense. Ever see Kilbane interviewed?
    Something along the lines of 'no complaints, I've the best job ever, I love my life and am very lucky'. He's a thoroughly nice well rooted bloke in this world of Rios and Ashleys.

3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNoP-huT2l4

4: can't find it but that goal he scored for everton a couple of years ago. The one that prompted everyone to call him Zinedine.

5: He got a funny kick in the balls from scholes(20 seconds)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Jr6ZDOZXk

Can we not change the question and see who's genes you'd most like passed on? No doubt its some Masserati-driving nonce without an ounce of Kilbanes dignighty and humility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Wasn't Zinidine Skillbane player of year for Everton when they finshed fourth and qualified for the champions league? Is he not the greatest artist of the "knock it past the full back and leg it after it" skill, on a par with Ronaldinho's "flik-flak" and Cuauhtémoc Blanco's "The Cuauhtemihna"? Was his header in the 3-3 draw with Spurs this season not the sole reason Wigan maintained their Premiership status? To deny the world of potetial "Jnr. Killers" terrorising the world stage would be criminal. However, if we could somehow prevent a certain Joeseph Barton from spreading his genes, well that would just be common sense.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Yeah, but what country? Its not Brazil we're talking about. A ****ing amateur footballer player for Ireland last night.

And the Premiership... Djimi Traore has a long distinguisher career in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I have a lot of time for Kilbahne. He has absolutely maximised his potential through hard work and determination. Fair play to him.

• Advertisement

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    :rolleyes: I take it you're still drunk(ish)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stop it ffs.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stop it ffs.
    No you stop it! :rolleyes:

For the record I am no longer drunk(ish), however, I do have a case of the post-beer scutters.

BaZmO* wrote:
    No you stop it! :rolleyes:
    Urge to kill... rising...

Urge to kill... rising...
    Go on I dare ya!!!

How is this thread still open??!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

God i hate those emoticon things, can we ban that one? It'd make the forum about 8 times better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

tbh its Kilbane goals that have kept us in with a tiny chance of qualifying. tbh in recent games Id rate him higher than Robbie Keane.

Is it just me or do the English born players get more stick? Carsley is another. Not world class, but not totally brutal, gets alot of fan schtick. Same with Morrison, one of the stronger players on the squad at times and neevr gets a nod for it(Ive been of the opinion throughout this campaign he should be on the bench to replace Keane if hes having a crap game, though tbh Id probably want him behind Doyle)

God i hate those emoticon things, can we ban that one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Man i just hope you don't make that face so bloody often in social situations!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,338 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

God i hate those emoticon things, can we ban that one? It'd make the forum about 8 times better.

I don't agree, I think it would only make the forum roughly 6.4 times better.

Man i just hope you don't make that face so bloody often in social situations!
    I don't have a social life, that's why I post on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Lee Bowyer could probably do with being snipped, maybe the little runt Bellamy aswell.

Advertisement