Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this real?

• 23-05-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Was this confidently prepared earlier or faked ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It is real, happened mid afternoon today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

id image the club website would design one for either outcome so that it could be put straight on the page. probably do a quick check to make sure it works ok, and unfortunately with that day thats in it, people happened across it.

Funny and unfortunate alright though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

~Rebel~ wrote:
    id image the club website would design one for either outcome so that it could be put straight on the page. probably do a quick check to make sure it works ok, and unfortunately with that day thats in it, people happened across it.

Funny and unfortunate alright though!

Who does their web design? Have they never heard of a test server? If its genuine I would imagine it went live by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i confess i don't know of such things, that was just a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Muppet wrote:
    If its genuine I would imagine it went live by mistake.
    I'm sorry to say this but as my nephew would say......Well Duh! ;):D

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'm sorry to say this but as my nephew would say......Well Duh! ;):D

apology accepted but I dont believe you are one bit sorry.:cool:

Just to clarify look at the post I was responding to..

I still don't get you, of course it was a mistake (if true)

I'd say that they would've had 2 prints done up before the match just like politicians have 2 speeches done up just before election results and in this case one of them was uploaded too early by mistake (if true).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

BaZmO* wrote:

I'd say that they would've had 2 prints done up before the match just like politicians have 2 speeches done up just before election results and in this case one of them was uploaded too early by mistake (if true).

someone was taking the piss. i can't see how you'd be able to upload an entire wrong page and not notice it.

someone was taking the piss. i can't see how you'd be able to upload an entire wrong page and not notice it.
    I know!!

This is all getting confusing!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

Yeah think its real alright, so is this - check out the attachment.

BUS FOR SALE - May need respray.... And hubcaps....:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

To be honest, I thought the Bus was photoshopped, but this is from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCf8RAco4o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One has to prepare for the best!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It just a big vinyl sticker like the ones you see convering all the busses in town. Very easy to peel off.

BaZmO* wrote:

My comments about it being a mistake was in reply to Rebels assumption that it was uploaded to test to see if it worked.

Normall in such circumstances the webmaster would have the new page on the server (but under a different name) so that when he/she wanted to put it live all it would take is to change the page name which would take a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mike65 wrote:
    One has to prepare for the best!

Mike.

dsc000840qj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quite so! I bet Milan had plenty ready in 2005.

Mike.

Advertisement