Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HQ portable audio recorder with USB/FW

• 23-05-2007 10:35pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to invest in a device capable of radio quality audio recording which allows for the connection of an external mic (or more than 1 if possible!) and can connect to a PC and allow audio uploads to PC for editing (format not an issue once it isn't propriety although mp3 would be best).

Not looking to spend too much but I'm willing to put decent enough money into it if required - I know you won't get anything worthwhile if you pay small amounts of cash.

The reason for the USB connection is that the device will be used for podcasting and usb will allow me to transfer quicker and without a loss of quality - also my soundcard is a bit effed and won't allow audio in at the moment (that's another issue though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Sony netMD. take a google for it. Just yer man.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

wet-paint wrote:

What way does that work when uploading files? Are they in propriety formats or mp3/wav etc?

In other words, how hard will it be for me to transfer them for editing in something like audacity or CEP2?

Also - meant to put this in the OP - any advice on good quality microphones (again, without spending a fortune)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Check out the Boss BR-600 - has a couple of surprisingly good quality built in condenser mics + USB for back up and export to both WAV and AIFF.

It also has two mic sockets if you wish to use external mics.

Chilly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

zoom h4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dino4t3

wet-paint wrote:
    afaik, the netMD only allows downloads via usb, not uploads..still have to "play" audio into pc

• Advertisement
Advertisement