Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speed Test thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

291667322.png
    I'm on 2mb Virgin Media Cable Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I'm with Brisknet, a WISP based in Roscommon, on a 1 meg package
    291685168.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

****ing hell, that response time and upload speed is ****e!

Achilles wrote: »
    ****ing hell, that response time and upload speed is ****e!

291790138.png

Geez, upload gets no better at all, even at non-peak times :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

My speeds are back

291810153.png

• Advertisement

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    291790138.png

Your ping's a little bit better tho, that's the most important thing if you're trying to game or anything like that but still... what package are you paying for? I'd get onto your ISP cus if that's DSL your line may not actually be suitable for whatever package you're paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    291790138.png

Good ping

Achilles wrote: »
    Your ping's a little bit better tho, that's the most important thing if you're trying to game or anything like that but still... what package are you paying for? I'd get onto your ISP cus if that's DSL your line may not actually be suitable for whatever package you're paying for.

Nah, it's not DSL, it's from Brisknet, a wireless crowd based in Roscommon town. No DSL where I live yet:mad:

Ahhh right just using Alvarion equipment then yeah? To be honest there could very easilly be an issue with that antenna causing you to have such a slow upstream - for instance the uplink SNR could be too low. I'd give their tech support a call and get them to poll the radio to check it's settings and make sure that everything is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dean12345

im on 20mbp upc,,in navan
    292029559.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

Glad to see that IRE is finally getting some pretty decent speeds!
    Had magnet 4Mbit while I was living in Dub. Was happy with their service.. first week when I got hoked up they didnt cap the line.. got something like 14Mbit to the station..
    But no longer in IRE :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Magnet 8mb

293727513.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

iggy wrote: »
    Magnet 8mb

293727513.png
    That's some Upload you got there! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

O2 Broadband at 1.20am. Why do mobile broadband test results vary so much? 5 minutes ago it was 1500kbs D/L. Location the same.

293797080.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Work. Dundalk Institute of Technology. I suppose warp drive and controlled nuclear fusion will be realities before we get these speeds at home in many parts of Ireland?!

293913370.png

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

What has so far been the best connection?

As far as ive seen in the past 4-6 months, NUI Galway nuns Island had the best overall. Thats as far as I can remember.
    235871311.png

I think theres a faster NUIG speed I posted around the same time, but I cant find that.

Edit: Found it (that was easy) The above speed it the best NUI had to offer when I last checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

300288011.png
    TalkTalk Broadband 2Mb

What's with the huge ping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

300324990.png

BT 2Mb
    Got a letter 8 weeks ago saying it would be upgraded free to 3Mb. Still waiting...zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

[URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/300157983.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]300157983.png
    Eircom 2mb from earlier today, going to 3mb on August 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

300672703.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

300693633.png

Eircom 3meg going to 7.6meg in August, my fear is that my pings are gonna treble from 30 to around 90ms come the upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

300698948.png

BT 3 meg , going to 7.6 on the 9th of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bardic

Filthy n00b question.

We finally got Eircom 1meg broadband with a wireless router (I live in bogland in Wexford). At least it's better than dial-up but, well, take a look:

300750717.png

Are the speeds this rubbish because of the PSTN line it's coming in on, or what? Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Jeez, that's not broadband. Have you contacted Eircom broadband support?

They wouldn't have given you broadband if they didn't think your line was good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭leche solara

ElNino wrote: »
    They wouldn't have given you broadband if they didn't think your line was good enough.

Should the "wouldn't" not be shouldn't?

Should the "wouldn't" not be shouldn't?

Shouldn't. Hell I even have mates that work in Eircom tell me that they don't check the lines properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

300849185.png

In Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

Westport Exchange

BT 3mb

Update In August

300949314.png

300949716.png

300949900.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

On BT 3mb and got the speed update this morning but not getting the full speed.

300952598.png

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

What has so far been the best connection?

As far as ive seen in the past 4-6 months, NUI Galway nuns Island had the best overall. Thats as far as I can remember.
    235871311.png

I think theres a faster NUIG speed I posted around the same time, but I cant find that.

Edit: Found it (that was easy) The above speed it the best NUI had to offer when I last checked.
    Beat ya :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement