Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speed Test thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

236466788.png

Smart, paying for the 4Mb/s with the 4Mb/s upgrade but getting faster speeds! I aint gonna tell em, and not are you!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

236461265.png

EsatBT - 2Mb - Dublin - Piss poor. :mad:
    If that is the max you can get then drop down to the 1Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i have clear wire (i know i cant get aything else)

its a 2mb connection.

what should my download & upload average be?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If that is the max you can get then drop down to the 1Mb.
    It has been fine until recently. Any chance it could be a contention issue?
    Possibly time to switch to UPC/NTL.

Tonight's result:
    236811016.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Thats not a 3mb line! Would probably be a 7mb line - maybe 8mb.

Is that 1000kb/s when your actually downloading or in speedtest?

In speed test,sorry ,didn't clarify. It seems I'm normally on less than 1mb connection speed, but yet get speeds of a 7mb connection late at night. Quite strange, and very very frustrating. Going to ring provider tomorrow, speeds in evening are a joke lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

In speed test,sorry ,didn't clarify. It seems I'm normally on less than 1mb connection speed, but yet get speeds of a 7mb connection late at night. Quite strange, and very very frustrating. Going to ring provider tomorrow, speeds in evening are a joke lately.

Can you check your Line Stats on your router post and back your results? It sounds like something is buggered somewhere if your 1mb in the morning and 7mb in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

I have Digiweb Mobile in Rush Co.Dublin and below is my speed not happy its meant to be uptp 5.2mb but there is a huge difference between 512k and 5.2mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

here is another one
    236843469.png

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

My 2Mbits:(
    237042370.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

237101391.png
    3 Meg Eircom again... Pritty crappy considering this isnt "peak time" :P

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

237132201.png

Eircom 3meg
    Doesnt feel anything like it tho, some websites today are extremely slow including boards.ie

Gonzo wrote: »
    237132201.png

Eircom 3meg
    Doesnt feel anything like it tho, some websites today are extremely slow including boards.ie
    I've also noticed this Gonzo! Been noticeably slow, I'm guessing a problem with their DNS servers...

Another Speedtest: 3 Meg Eircom...

237310754.png

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

237713728.png

My latest stats! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

237890984.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12 togherprince

237870526.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12 togherprince

237870526.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Speed from our office via a 2Mb 1:1 connection with COLT Telecom...

240399819.png

Slightly cheating, but speed from the same PC but via our internal WAN links and out our Swiss office internet connection...

240397433.png

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

inforfun wrote: »
    Unless you are great with photoshop, i am jealous now :eek:
    Jealous geeeeez can I join that club?

This the best today

[URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/240532143.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]240532143.png

This is ALMOST the worst today

240533283.png

Vodafone mobile modem 3.6 (My arse 3.6)
    Vodafone SUX

Best thing about it being so small and portable is I can bounch it off the wall!!
    But still better than dial up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

roadruner wrote: »
    Jealous geeeeez can I join that club?

This the best today

[URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/240532143.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]240532143.png

This is ALMOST the worst today

240533283.png

Vodafone mobile modem 3.6 (My arse 3.6)
    Vodafone SUX

Best thing about it being so small and portable is I can bounch it off the wall!!
    But still better than dial up

Vodafone is NOT broadband, its mobile internet

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Vodafone is NOT broadband, its mobile internet

I didn't say it is Broadband did I ? Captain sensible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

roadruner wrote: »
    I didn't say it is Broadband did I ? Captain sensible!

But this is the Broadband Speed Test Thread :p

All mobile internet is intermittent, good speeds one minute, bad another, they should never be compared to broadband. Its unfortunate that alot of peeps in this country have to depend on it.

BTW, the 3.6meg they advertise, is really up to 3.6meg contended (shared), not their fault you didn't read the small print

All mobile internet is intermittent, good speeds one minute, bad another, they should never be compared to broadband. Its unfortunate that alot of peeps in this country have to depend on it.

BTW, the 3.6meg they advertise, is really up to 3.6meg contended (shared), not their fault you didn't read the small print

Do me a favour next time you installing broadbamd at the next house TELL SOMEONE WHO CARES

you like the (mine is bigger thans yours) game i'd say

And I did read all the print, I knew what I was getting It's crap compared to fixed line etc but it does the job for me and when i'm on the move too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mothman wrote: »
    131807312.png

BT 1Mb

While that seems poor, it sure beats the hell out of a dial-up connection and it means phone line is not engaged when connected and it is more than €10/mth less.

Until 3 months ago non satellite broadband was not available to me.

I'm happy, its all relative of course ;)
    The above nearly a year ago, no idea whats wrong today, but its a nice surprise.

249251886.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

249272794.png

Wireless in Galway...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

my "broadband" that comes free in my apartment block... I cant wait to move out..
    249267998.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

zuroph wrote: »
    my "broadband" that comes free in my apartment block... I cant wait to move out..
    249267998.png
    Wow look at that ping! Must be a shared satellite connection. Get what you pay for though I suppose :p

Actually it is defined as broadband. Not saying it should be but it is considered broadband. Its only really called mobile internet by people to differentiate it from better solutions like dsl, but it is in fact broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

249297883.png

ntl has been pretty much fine for me bar torrents etc but moving out to howth this week so I can say bye bye to those speeds.. :( oh well maybe I should get out more anyway.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FocusedBeast

249428812.png

NTL 3Mb. I'm pretty happy seen as it's gonna be upgraded to 6Mb at no extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FocusedBeast

249272794.png

Wireless in Galway...

But that's in your college, there's no way you could get that residential, unless you pay way too much money for about 10 connections

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement