Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick note to fellow Longfordians.

Options
  • 23-05-2007 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭

I just bought the Longford Leader a few hours ago, and I found out that there is a new dual carraigeway scheme, called the "N4 Mullingar to Longford Road Improvement Scheme" which councillors sought to be, and the Leader believes will be, a dual carraigeway. In addition, it seems this proposal has been extended to Newtownforbes.

Info here:
    http://www.longfordleader.ie/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=2627&ArticleID=2899394

http://www.longfordcoco.ie/forms/minutes/Min21Mar07.doc

Interesting.

Trevor Sargent has said that if the Greens get into power they're going to start axing road projects that don't have contracts signed. This scheme, which I consider to be very welcome, unfortunately seems to fall into this category and I - assuming it was not an election stunt which seems unlikely given the limited publicity - would be very worried about a Green trying to kill it.

Cue a semi-panicked email from me to Betty Doran, Longford/Westmeath's Green candidate to ask her position on the matter, though given the late stage in the campaign I don't really expect a response.

If I do get a response though, I'll post it here as quickly as I can.

Note to any Greens reading this: a positive response may well mean a number one vote from me.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

SeanW wrote:
    In addition, it seems this proposal has been extended to Newtownforbes.
    Super. Meanwhile, N5 traffic continues to be stuffed through the town.

What genius designed a bypass of a town where two national routes diverge, but only allows one of them to actually bypass the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yeah >_< the Mayo traffic though Longford town centre is mad.

Advertisement