Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fairy fort

Options
  • 23-05-2007 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi
    I dont know if this is in the right forum. Can someone redirect me, if it isn't. Thanks

I went to a fairy fort the other day - It was at the foot of Knocknashee. I stood in it and made a wish. Later when I came home I was exhausted, as if I had walked for 10 miles (I hadn't). Lying in bed that night I felt amazing energy circling my legs and I felt like my aura was completely refreshed.
    I am quite a spiritual person so am aware of energies but I am just wondering would this reaction have been from the fairy fort?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=446

if I believed in god, I'd pray for you. as it stands, i'll just cry myself to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Mordeth banned until futher notice.

cinnamon wrote:
    Hi
    I dont know if this is in the right forum. Can someone redirect me, if it isn't. Thanks

I went to a fairy fort the other day - It was at the foot of Knocknashee. I stood in it and made a wish. Later when I came home I was exhausted, as if I had walked for 10 miles (I hadn't). Lying in bed that night I felt amazing energy circling my legs and I felt like my aura was completely refreshed.
    I am quite a spiritual person so am aware of energies but I am just wondering would this reaction have been from the fairy fort?

It could be. I have found time can move differntly in such places and it depends one what you did and who and what you came in contact with while you were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Like Thaedydal say it might depend on what you did there. What you wished for might also have a barring on it though I suspect it was personal so there is no pressure to share it on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

6th wrote:
    Like Thaedydal say it might depend on what you did there. What you wished for might also have a barring on it though I suspect it was personal so there is no pressure to share it on here.

I visited a place called Gillighans World - the lady who owns it dedicates the place to fairies. My wish was very mundane - to get a job for the summer!

If you face Knocknashee mountain, make a wish, turn 3 times and if you are facing Knocknashee you will get your wish - I wasnt facing the mountain when I made the wish so I did it again. I was with 2 other people and they also repeated their wish (just to see if they ended up in the same place!) And eeach of us got the same position, eventhough I was sure I would be facing the mountain the 2nd time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Later when I came home I was exhausted, as if I had walked for 10 miles (I hadn't). Lying in bed that night I felt amazing energy circling my legs
    I am not disputing your spiritual experience.
    Exhaustion and pins and needles can be symptoms of an underlying medical condition. If I got such symptoms regulalry I would seek medical attention. I am not saying your physical sensations are caused by an underlying illness (rather then the spiritual experience you also felt) but keep the possibility in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭joseph dawton

There could be several explanations, medical is worth looking at also.
    Personally I don't think the fairies or gods/goddesses are interested in our more asinine and self-serving requests, however if it's in their interest they will help us.

Wishing can work in itself though, by visualising your request you are helping to manifest that in the physical plane, we actually have a lot more power over our own futures than we think, if we can operate on multiple levels.

www.electricpublications.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Hi Guys,
    I think fairy forts are truely magical places. There is a huge fairy fort on my grandfathers land in the midlands. When I was young my gran always warned me never to go down there on my own...I never did.... now I'm in my 20's and about 5 years ago my uncle (now I would like everyone to bare in mind that he is not into anything like this and when telling us he didn't even believe himself and what he had experienced)

He went off to walk is dog one frosty morning and he decided to walk as far as the fairy fort. Meanwhile, we were all sitting round the fire relaxing while dinner was being prepared. While later, dinner was ready and no sign of my uncle. we all presumed he lost track of time etc, etc.

To cut long story short.... he came in three hours later and at this stage had been gone most of the day. He came in, looked as white as a ghost and remained quiet for the rest of the evening.

It was only weeks later we found out that he told his wife how he walked down to the fairy fort and couldn't find his way out of it.???!!!!!

How do you explain that one?!!!

That is also refered to as steeping on a stray sod.
    the tales goes that if you intrude on to a place that is there with out permission you need thier permission to leave and they will make you pay for your rudeness by entertaining themselves at your expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Hello

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but it's a starting point.
    I once heard of a garden, park, campsite, forest area where there were little statues and figurines of actual fairies, so kids could go searching the shrubbery and find them.
    I want to say it's in Wicklow, but that could be just because it's a magical place.
    I know Lough Crew has figurines of fairies and Alice in Wonderland in their gardens, but I'm not sure that this is THE place I'm thinking of.

IF anyone has recollections or information I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

The name cnoc na sith suggests a long standing connection to the Celtic 'hidden world' that abounds in folklore, suggesting some factual, if tentative, basis.
    As not everyone is sensitive to these subtle (to us) vibrations, it is impossible to show an absolute repeatable possibility.
    So much depends on our own state at the time.

I've found 'something' at some places at times, though not at other.
    Recognised 'places' whether considered 'holy' or not can be 'dead' most of the time, suggesting that whatever 'it' is, may be connected with an influence rather than a place.
    Food for thought, though.

Advertisement