Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STREAM in Derry

Options
  • 24-05-2007 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

anybody work of them, there a call center in Derry, on the Buncranna Road.

Just looking for some information about working there (good, bad, etc), i know there are quite a few of there workers living in Donegal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Never heard of them.

Just a note of caution for anyone who has experience with them - if its good post it. If its not so good then just choose your wording carefully or PM the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

cheers Muffler,

its a big enough company, employ 470 people in derry alone, 25000 worldwide.
    if you have problem with your HP or compacq computers and phone the helpline, it goes to the STREAM call center.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Had a problem with a Sonic DVD RW in Dell PC last year and I ended up talking to someone in Derry. Probably the same call centre so.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Well just bear in mind Stream are a 24/7 operation so you may be working night shifts. From what I have heard a lot of people are not happy in it but use it as somewhere to start due to high unemployment rates in Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

A friend of mine worked there a couple of years ago, mostly answering support calls for Dell customers.

No complaints about the company but the work might not suit everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

There's quite a few people that work in my company that used to work there. It's a call centre at the end of the day, and it does seem to have a high turnover from people I know that used to work there, and the amount of job ads in the Derry Journal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drumlad

CTC what yeh want to know? been in Stream for quite a while myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Worked there for a few months, its a call center that says it all really....
    Fairly friendly vibe in the place, they are open 24/7 but chances are the latest you'll work is 10ish (They have most of the night staff required) You'll get piles of training.

Only thing I can say is that the pay wasnt great back then (end of last year) and now with the sterling getting weaker, it would be worse.

Advertisement