Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Stupidest thing you've done while pirating

Options
  • 24-05-2007 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Inspired by this thread:
    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=506356

Heres my story:
    This was a recent one for me, my main is R0ot and I was flying a scorpion in empire system called ziasad which is the home of a new corp to join XS we were up assisting with a few corps that had war dec'd them. Anyway these corps had a few other corps/friends in the area that were not under the war dec and we were pirating in the system. Being that I had never pirated in a system that had a high sec system next door (i've spent almost all my eve life in 0.0 or the low sec next to 0.0). I started getting attack by the gate guns (and the concord billboard to my surprise) so I thought I better jump through the gate, so I jump through uncloak re-approaching the gate and suddenly I see you are a criminal messages coming up on my screen, concord appears and ganks me. I'm rather bewildered at this point when someone over TS explains the situation to me. I lol'd out loud over teamspeak and the hostiles had a good laugh also.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

not exactly pirating just early game lack of knowledge on my part.

i was in a .5 system and i followed a guy into a ded complex, now i knew warp drives couldnt get into the complex so in my folly i assumed concord couldnt warp in.

it was a short ride back to the station in my pod -1 daredevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Not pirating either but I lost my falcon and cov ops cloak only the other night to a stupid moment. We have a sister corp for the noobs and often gang up with them to hunt. However, once in the gang you only see the gang symbol and not the corp symbol so I targetted and jammed him in the high sec system we were gathering in followed shortly by me in my pod and a bit pissed off that I have to fork out 95ish mill to sort out a new one...... Was even more annoyed when I saw cov ops cloaks drop to 20 mill but the falc have gone up to 75ish mill..... Boo urns :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Falcons are 75mil now?! Wtf i was in empire a week ago and they were 40 :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never really done any pirating, but i've done stupid things.

1. On my first lvl2 mission in a thorax, i cleared the first drone area np, then all but 1 drone in the 2nd area, who spent 5 mins slowly eating my armour/structure at about 500m with a warp scrambler. I had rails, and could do absolutly nothing. Then i broke my mouse.

2. Moving to 0.0, in my Enyo, got attacked in Palaa, and while running away at very fast speeds, i didnt look where i was going, and i bounced off a billboard. Got blown up. Probably would have happened anyway, but it was kinda stupid.

3. In the same Enya, first time in 0.0, flew into a system, saw a big gang of ships with a blue +, fly up to them, and realised that the blue + was on the ship that they were attacking...i ran away :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Listen to Gneeznow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

R0ot wrote:
    Falcons are 75mil now?! Wtf i was in empire a week ago and they were 40 :eek:

Yup, either the cheapness of the cov ops cloak has caused an increase in demand and caused the cost increase by the T2 gouging manufacturing **** or if the same people who make the cloaks also make the falcs then prices may have increased to recoup the "losses" made on the cloak...

I dunno, either way falcs are now 75mill. I'm gonna hold off buying one for a little while and see if it's just a price spike. Almost went for the cheaper rook but I like warping whilst cloaked. It's not urgent cos I've no use for a falc atm but it's just the pain in the ass of it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i was in a dead space and the nearest npc was a few hundred k's away. enough time to run to the toilet. Nope! lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Forgot to jump trew a gate when being attacked by a carrier doh.....Not reliseing that rokh was clearly bait stuff like that

Also listening to gneeznow (zomg 2 dreadnoughts! run!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I don't have a lot of experience, but I believe it was : Listening to Darc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Same with me. Had been in 0.0 for so long that when i took on a brutix at a gate in low sec i got BBQ'd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

listening to Gneeznow, that fool will get you killed tbh

Renesco wrote:
    listening to Gneeznow, that fool will get you killed tbh

qft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Renesco wrote:
    qft

qft

And I will show you Gneez's FCin' technique in picture form.

boxingfunneh.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

haha thats great pic.i dont think i have any horrible expierences while pirating. i did manage to kill a hauler with no points on my ship at a gate. that made me lol :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i have a new low.

Before i say it i have to say it was 4am and i had quite a bit to drink.

I mistook the .5 for a .3 sec.

so i was in .5 and tried to pirate. When concord starting kicking my ass. Im like WTF im in .........ah ****. Boom. There goes 120m down the drain. The guy i was trying to own got a nice amount of loot of me. I was chatting to him later. If concord had been a few seconds slower i would have killed the guy. Had his shields down and armour at about 15% :D:D:D

Done that loads of times, my concordokken antics are legendary, i must have done that 4 or 5 times :-(

here and here are two of the most recent

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Happened to me when was pirating the other night with the alt and her corp. Was about 5am. Its funnier then most because we had a four man gang (5 if you include me using two accounts) and NONE of us realised we had entered 0.5. I got a point on a badger in a belt and the rest is history. Only 3 ships were concorded tho and we pwn'd the badger lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

lmfao at that picture..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

D wrote:
    Same with me. Had been in 0.0 for so long that when i took on a brutix at a gate in low sec i got BBQ'd.

Oh come on! you don't recall you trying to take me down with a rifter at a certain Adeel stargate? I'm sure i have a killmail somewere :p

Advertisement