Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No voting card, can I vote?

Options
  • 24-05-2007 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

My voting card went to my old address and I cant contact my old flatmate. Can I turn up with my passport to vote??? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Can I turn up with my passport to vote??? :(

Yes.

Contrary to popular belief a polling card is not required when voting. In fact it does not even constitute an acceptable form of I.D. if you are asked to provide proof of identity.

A polling card simply makes the life of the polling clerk/presiding officer easier by enabling them to find your name on the register using the number on your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Rebeller wrote:
    Yes.

Contrary to popular belief a polling card is not required when voting. In fact it does not even constitute an acceptable form of I.D. if you are asked to provide proof of identity.

A polling card simply makes the life of the polling clerk/presiding officer easier by enabling them to find your name on the register using the number on your card.

Thanks Rebbler!

Looking forward to it now! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Don't forget to bring some evidence of identity in case it's needed - passport, driving licence, employee identity card etc etc.......

Advertisement