Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan pwned!

Options
  • 24-05-2007 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this never happened ... but it should have ...!

The Gerry Ryan radio show was holding a competition (for one hour only) for the listeners' best jokes.

One Dublin bloke rang in with only 5 mins to the end of the show...

Caller: "An amazing thing happened to me recently. I had just bought a top of the range 67,000 pounds worth of Mercedes Benz. I was thrilled with the car. It had every extra. Revolving wheels, see-through windscreen, power assisted ash-tray, it was fully loaded."

Gerry: "That's very nice but, have you got a joke to tell or what?

Caller: "Hang on will you. You'll really love this; I drove out from the dealer and was driving down the road, when I noticed that there was no radio in the car. Can you imagine that? No feckin' radio in a car that cost me nearly seventy grand! So I turned right around and headed back."

Gerry: "Get on with it will you, I've only a couple of minutes left and we've to squeeze in an ad break too."

Caller: "Relax. I guarantee you this is brilliant. So anyway, I go back to the salesman and ask him where's the bleedin' radio and that it better not be extra. He started laughing and told me that there was, in fact, state of the art voice activated radio fitted in the car. He showed me how it worked. It was UNBELIEVABLE! All you have to do is say 'radio on' and it turns on, radio off' and it turns off. It's bleedin' magic. You say 'Ballads' and it plays Ballads, 'Rock 'n' Roll' and a rock & roll station comes on. I've never seen anything like it."

Gerry: "You're wasting our feckin' time here, I'll have to move on and try to fit in a quickie before the end of the show."

Caller: "Hang on Gerry I'm nearly finished."

Gerry: "Just finish it will you."

Caller: "So I drove off again even happier than earlier on. Then you won't believe what happened. This idiot passed me on the outside and clipped me bumper on his way back in. 'Stupid B0ll*x!' I shouted and you'll never guess what happened."

Gerry: "What happened?"

Caller: "The Gerry Ryan Show came on the feckin' radio."

The caller was cut-off....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Scrotum

Very good.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Gerry Ryan is such crap, it should be on rte radio 1 not 2fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

bbwhahaha!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

very good :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hope that was true I hate that smug mofo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

stevenk wrote:
    Gerry Ryan is such crap, it should be on rte radio 1 not 2fm
    should not be on at all

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd love if that actually happened but that would require having to listen to gerry ryan which ain't gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

I like Gerry Ryan - he's soothing.

Nice to drive to.

He should be on in the evening as well while I battle rush hour traffic.

wildsaffy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Good one OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

wildsaffy wrote:
    I like Gerry Ryan - he's soothing.

Nice to drive to.

He should be on in the evening as well while I battle rush hour traffic.

wildsaffy :D
    If by "soothing" you mean "dirty lecherous pervert" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

HAHA! pure brilliance!

He had a compertition recently where listeners had to recite a poem or sing about their pet cat.

One woman rang in and started singing about her pet pussy, it soon came clear to everyone that this particular pussy doesn't drink milk or chase mice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

A ha ha ha ha!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Brilliant! :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Good one! :D

Advertisement