Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair hikes up the commission

• 24-05-2007 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

So betfair are going to roger us all by changing there commission points tp shaft the puntr even more.

Anyone know of a decent opposition too them? Betdaq are ****e. I plan on withdrewing my monies from them and onl betting on select market which i cant get anywhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

They're not upping it, they're just lowering the discount rates. A very cynical move.... They're absolutely raking it in. The least they could do is give a bit of a break to their high turnover customers. I do think the service is very good, but they dont have any real competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

zuutroy wrote:
    ...They're not upping it, they're just lowering the discount rates...

Effectively the same thing. If you bet in the same manner as you had previously, the commission they will charge on your winning bets is higher.

Rumours last week that Betfair was planning takeover of Betdaq - unlikely.

Betfair's Betting Exchange Competition: Betdaq, WBX, Betsson, IBetX and TradeSports. Cantor Spreadfair is a spread-betting exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Answer is there's no real alternative and betfair know this, hence the very cynical move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

World Bet Exchange which has been around for about 6 months and I think has started well, they do a lot of 0% commission on favourites on televised stuff.
    http://www.wbx.com/

BTW what's so bad about Betdaq?
    Oh and Paddypower are opening up a financial spread betting site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not enough liquidity on betdaq.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

XBX sounds interesting.

Advertisement